Thread: Boot from CD/DVD is disabled, configure setup is locked

Boot from CD/DVD is disabled, configure setup is locked

I am installing Windows 7 in my computer, but my computer's CD / DVD drive is disabled. It get a Error code : 22. I have already try to change the order in bios, but it changes nothing, even worse before attempting these. The sequence in the bios, it's just the first boot it's important or it is necessary to result of installations that lack of compassion. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Patricia-USA; 27-05-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Re: Boot from CD/DVD is disabled, configure setup is locked

You need to open the Device Manager to see if the drive has not been disabled disabled open on the line If not then step two, boot press del to enter bios see if i can find the drive
    1: If you can find the problem is your system does not show drive system re-installation.
    2: If you can not find the root drive is for data lines to try to drive power connector for a try if you still can not find your drive is broken.

You need to right click my computer, choose Properties, then select the hardware - Device Manager in the Device Manager, find cd / dvd drive, and point to open the left side of the plus sign in front row of points right drive model, you can Open to the opening words. Open the Device Manager to find right click operation that does not work on the update driver, if other equipment to normal operation if the problem is the drive, otherwise the problem is the motherboard driver.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

In Boot time, press DELETE key to enter the BIOS settings, enter the following, In the first option, press Enter, and then entered. Then you can see the beginning,Then press enter. Appeared CD, so what do you press up and down to adjust to the above,Then press Enter. Both start from the CD. Also can use a CD or DVD.

You need to possible to create CD-ROM boot easy to make updates BIOS. Here are the steps:
    1. If BCD is not yet installed, install that ,
    2. Unpack BCD in a directory, eg d: \ bcd. If you want to run it from a server you need to share this directory for your station has access. You assign a drive letter to that shared directory BCD and run from this drive. Make sure you unpack the sub directories.

You need to use daemon tools off your CD / DVD. To reactivate, go to Control Panel> Systems> Hardware tab> Device Manager button. There, under CD-ROM/DVD-ROM You'll see your virtual drive (with a name ending in barbarous SCSI CDROM Device), and below your usual player, with a red cross on it. Select your usual player, right-click and choose Properties. At the bottom of the dialog box that appears, you will see "Device Usage" with a dropdown list showing" Off (do not use this device)".Change this value to "Enabled (use this device)"Click OK and voila! You should hear the engine of your drive to set out (or perhaps not if the drive is empty). In any case, the red cross will disappear and your player will be active.

You should be an image of your system, Windows can do but there is also software, store image on an external drive or another hard drive, then when you have your new motherboard you reinstall windows and you take your system image through windows or the software used by the method used.