Thread: Google Chrome shortcut icon issue

Google Chrome shortcut icon issue

Hello guys !
    I hope, you all have any solution for my this problem, if so then please suggest me some good way to do it . I have just installed the Google Chrome. And working with it.But sometimes, I got some issue for installation. The problem started when I press the shortcut browser On the desktop. It provide me that needed to prepare for installation of browser. Again, though it did not move for any installation procedure . It continuing to become several times and for different versions of the browser....

Re: Google Chrome shortcut icon issue

Have you tried another way to open this. Have you uninstall any programs that are closely related to this and the file got corrupted to start this. One thing that you should check the existence of those directories where the programs has been installed or you should try to open this form the start menu and program way .....

Thank you very much for your prompt replies but frankly, I am having this problem just before some days and this is happening randomly. I also have done so many thing to remove this issue but same thing interacts to me again and again. As you said that you this is the error that is caused by just the corruption of some files but I have done installation several time. And it appear as same . I have been uninstalling and then installation but after that no luck. And I am not sure when it get display again. But when you get. I will try your advice.

You are just lacking from some point of the question that I asked to you before. According to, your first created post, you described the issue as going on when you get ready to start Chrome through the "shortcut browser On the desktop". Then, Jackson asked to you about the status that What happens if you try to open the browser from START - PROGRAMS ? He's asking about opening the chrome in some other way than from a shortcut on the desktop. It's a easy question that would be very helpful for us to troubleshooting and find out the solution for such problem. Why can't you answer it?

No problem dude, why you are getting so Techno. He is just telling that the issue that is occurred is intermittent. Currently , if he moves to click on the desktop icon that is made as the shortcut during installation procedure . This will work better, so there is nothing here for which we can get by clicking on the icon in Programs. He will try this in future when the issue appears.

Well, I didn't got any statement regarding this where he described to confirm that how's going on when he tried to open this from the Programs menu. According to the reply 1, you asked the question and in another reply, he told that "I will try your advice", but he never, as far as I see, really confirmed the behavior when getting ready from Programs menu. In different conclusion, it feels for me as he keeps referring the intermittent behavior as something that going on only when going to work with the desktop shortcut. Have I skipping the flow of thought here anywhere ?

If the same is functioning properly from the desktop icon then there's no any option to be accessed by trying the Programs icon. The only causes for it that I needed him to try, it is to see if the desktop icon has been destroyed . in future the desktop icon doesn't come up to work completely and he can use to go with the Programs icon. If that doesn't work then there is no no issue with the icon. If it does, it is. But frankly, since the issue is intermittent and I sincerely confused that the desktop icon is cracked - it's something other.