Thread: Mac Messenger and MSN Messenger not working on Macbook

Mac Messenger and MSN Messenger not working on Macbook

Recently i have purchased a new macbook since i am a windows user i am not very much familiar about Mac and its GUI. So finally i set up all the internet connection and all then i tried of logging in using the Mac's built in messenger but it failed giving an error message which states that you cannot signin because you are not connected to internet. So i downloaded the msn messenger and again the same thing happened with the MSN messenger. Anyone aware why both my Mac Messenger and MSN Messenger are not working on Macbook. Any solutions to this problem please help.

Re: Mac Messenger and MSN Messenger not working on Macbook

When switching from Windows to Mac OS X, the most annoying thing is to find an equivalent so good to see better than before. But this is not always easy.

The proof is with the equivalent of Windows Live Messenger: MSN is the basis for windows , and just to make shit even more users of other operating systems as their own, they don ' would still not develop a mac clone.

No of course not. It is a software by Microsoft for MSN on Mac, but say it is very limited in terms of features: it is rather the equivalent of MSN 5 Windows. So i would advice you stop using the MSN messenger get stick to the Mac messenger itself.

It appears as the case that you have some internet issues or the internet settings has not been configured on your system correctly and hence i would suggest you to configure the internet settings once again on your system if possible try to take some help from the network professional or simply call the customer care of your network service provider this will definitely help you to get your problem solved. Also reinstall the Msn messenger once again on your Macbook and before signing in.

You should know that it is quite possible to connect to MSN network on a Mac but via another application that the Microsoft. From what I understand, WLM (so PC) allows them to connect normally or HTTP. If I understood everything, the computer connects normally whenever he can and when it is not possible, it automatically switches over an HTTP connection. This feature is not available then the version of Microsoft Messenger 7.0.1 (Mac). You will have to make use of either Adium or the Meebo messengers on your macbook.

Thanks a lot for the replies but as i mentioned i have no experience of using the Mac OS or the Macbook. I am also not a very technical person i simply use the MSN messenger in my windows 7. So i have simply installed the MSN messenger on my macbook but this also won't help me. Finally i tried the adium messenger and even using this same messenger i am not able to chat or even signing in. Please help me.

There needs some adjustments with Adium too if you are using a macbook
    Once you have installed software on your computer, you have entered all necessary information about your account, here's how:

Adium -> Preferences

The Preferences window opens. Select "Accounts" tab and double-click on your connection address that appears in this tab (make sure it is enabled = checked). A menu appears, select "Edit My Account". A panel appears. Go to the "Options" tab and check "Connect via HTTP". Click "OK". There. It works perfectly

Download the Skype version 2.8 includes many fixes to improve compatibility of the application with Snow Leopard. I think that this will solve your problem. If even you cannot login using the Skyoe messenger too then i think that there is a problem with your network. That's why contacting the network service provider will be beneficial.