Thread: Some Youtube videos do not work properly on Safari

Some Youtube videos do not work properly on Safari

Recently I updated the operating system on my Macbook to Mac OS Leopard but after updating the operating system on the Macbook Some Youtube videos do not work properly on Safari. When some videos on the youtube are tried to watch, the run for sometimes and then nothing happens. I cannot figure out if the problem is with the operating system or the browser which I am using. So please suggest some solutions for the problem. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Some Youtube videos do not work properly on Safari

Have you tried using the some other browser? It is possible that the browser which you are using is having some problems due to which the online videos are not working properly. Download and install Mozilla firefox on the Macbook. Open the videos which were giving problems while watching on Safari. If the videos work properly on Mozilla firefox, then remove safari completely from the Macbook.

It can be a problem with Youtube itself. Sometimes the servers of the youtube from which the videos are being streamed, respond very slowly due to which the videos do not get buffered or do not play. Hence I will suggest that you wait for few hours or days and then try to view the videos again on the Macbook and see if the problem still persists or not.

The videos which are available on youtube are flash videos which require the latest flash player to be installed on the browser. If the latest flash player is not installed on the browser, the videos will not play properly. Therefore update the flash player version which is installed on the browser and check if the videos can be played properly or not. To update the flash player on the browser, go to extensions and select flash player. Click on update and let the procedure complete.

As suggested I updated the flash player on the browser to the latest version of the player which was available but still I am facing the same problem. Still some videos on the youtube do not work on the computer at all. Some videos play for sometime and then get stuck and nothing happens. I have to restart Safari for bringing it back to working state. Is there any alternate solution for the problem?

Resetting the PRAM might help. Press and hold P,R, Apple and option key while booting the system. Keep the keys pressed till 3 startup chimes are heard. Release the keys at 3rd startup chime and let the system boot normally. PRAM reset helps in removing all the invalid entries from the RAM but after removing all the invalid entries the system is working properly.

PRAM reset really helped in solving the problem. I suppose there were some invalid entries stored on the RAM which were creating problems while watching the online videos. I followed the steps for PRAM reset and then started the computer normally. After PRAM reset, all the videos on the youtube were played without any problem. Thanks for helping out.