Thread: Stop Firefox from saving temp files on Desktop

Stop Firefox from saving temp files on Desktop

I am using Mac OS X. I had started using Firefox for some couple of days. I am facing certain issue while using Firefox for browsing. I had found that the browser is saving all the temporary files on my desktop. This occurs whenever I launch the browser. I does not want that on my desktop this makes the thing much more messy. How to stop Firefox saving temp files on the desktop.

Re: Stop Firefox from saving temp files on Desktop

The problem is that when I open a Pdf file online the dialog asks me to open the file, or save it. I click open to open file. Everything is good even when it was saved to the desktop without asking me. While in the preferences I have checked Ask me each file or record. I had tried to change the position of the download the files but still the same does not works.

Hello I too had the same problem this is how I solved it. In the address bar of Firefox typing about cache should normally will show you information on where your Cache directory is located. It is followed by the directory in the cache. They are encrypted files that only you could not read them directly instead of Internet Explorer files that are directly accessible.

Launch Firefox and then go to Edit. In that click on preferences and then click on Advanced. Now look for Cache here and choose the maximum size and destination right. To remove temporary files and other unnecessary files, simply run any Disk Cleanup tool. By this you will get a whole list of what can be removed and what you want on the system.

CleanApp is a very practical application to fully uninstall software on Mac OS X. Indeed, the software being installed are creating many files and folders during installation preferences, temporary files, log files, etc. So, when you want to remove software from the Finder, they are files and folders associated with the software to uninstall. CleanApp sets out to find files and folders and delete everything related perfectly.

Instead of cleaning the fill fully you can simply check for the associated files in CleanApp. CleanApp offers analytical tools to better identify the files associated with each application, providing an overview of the dependencies of the program to uninstall it before deleting it. You drop the program to look in the window and then navigate among the various options materialized by icons in the left column.

To clean all temp files start Firefox, go to the Tools menu and select Options. Select Privacy on the left and click Clear Cache and the button Clear corresponding to cookies. Unlike IE, Firefox brings together all in one. Because without EasyCleaner, it would not be so quick. There are also other options such as deleting history, form entries and passwords recorded but this is the confidentiality of those things weigh nothing and are really helpful.