Thread: How to set a custom HTML Email Stationery to Default

How to set a custom HTML Email Stationery to Default

I am using snow leopard. I need some help regarding email stationery in my system. I got a corporate email stationery. I want to set this as a default one for all my mails services. But every time when I write a mail I need to select the same manually. How to fix this as default. And second thing I want some help also in creating my own costume mail stationery. Thanks.

Re: How to set a custom HTML Email Stationery to Default

I am not so fond of mail stationery but I will prefer to use some kind of automator for this work. you can open a mail or start a new message with a predefined stationery. That is possible in that. You can do that by Automator. I had no tried this before so I does I have the steps for that. You can search for the automator services in your system and then configure the same.

It is possible to do that. You can set up the default mail stationery and when you write a new mail the mail opens with the template which is set for default to it. For that you just need to drag the file to the following location. /Library/Application Support/Mail/Stationery/Apple/Contents/Resources/Custom/Contents/Resources. Get your mail stationery first and then drag the document inside this.

In the location what is mentioned in the above post you can also see your costume dictionary what you are using. You just need to drag a file or click inside to begin a new email with a template. That can be customized. But one thing that creates doubt in my mind here is that does this process can create a automatic or default template or I need to begin with fresh mail.

The mail program in Snow Leopard is much enhanced and offer you more new features. This are quiet nice designed and you can also get some ready made templates in that. It is quiet possible to create your templates, for that you need to click on create new message and then follow the wizard by adding a signature line or text whatever you want to add in the mail.

Yes you can click on the new template and then customize the same as you need. In the same under format menu you can find much more new fonts and colors. That will allow you to design your templates in a much nicer way. It is quiet possible to specify the text size, font color and other effects which suites your test. You can also add up some backgrounds to the template.

You can use the Mail Stationery program which offers you to provide a template of your choice and then add the same to your default list. You can then click on File > Save As and save the stationery. You can carry the same for different system and send mails as you need. There are lots of options provided in Leopard for using stationery items. Or else you can try some other automated service.