Thread: Is there any application for Push notification for google voice in ipad?

Is there any application for Push notification for google voice in ipad?

I have recently bought an Apple iPad 3G on which I use Google Voice to send SMS to my friends. The configuration currently helps in receiving an email notification for a SMS received but I want an instant push notification for the SMS received. Hence I want to know if there any application for Push notification for google voice in ipad? Any solution/suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Is there any application for Push notification for google voice in ipad?

As you are getting the notification for the SMS on Gmail, you can configure Gmail as push which will notify you with a buzz when any new SMS is received. If you are using some other mail provider, redirect the mails to the gmail account and then configure push on the gmail account. I have configured the same on my Windows phone and it is working great for me. Hope the post helps.

I think you did not get the what I exactly want it to happen. I want to receive the notification for every SMS I receive and if I configure Gmail account in PUSH, then I will receive notifications at fixed intervals of time such as 15 minutes or so but I want instant notification for the SMS. So if there is any application which helps in achieving this then please let me know the name.

You are mistaking PUSH with FETCH. Whenever the email is configured to PUSH, you will be notified using some notification tone when a new entry is populated in the inbox. If you configure the email in FETCH, then you will receive notifications for the new entries at fixed interval of time which is configured by you. So to get the notification for the new SMS, configure the email in push and not in fetch.

There is an application known as Google Voice Growl which helps in pushing the SMS which are received. This application is extension of Prowl which was earlier available for the iPhones but the support from the Apple was taken off. Google Growl is an free extension for the application. Try the application and see if it is helpful for you.