Thread: Disable Auto-Downloading in Safari

Disable Auto-Downloading in Safari

Hey guys i need some serious help from you all. Basically i was using Firefox as my default web browser and from last few days i need to work on Safari, due to some reason. Safari is also a good browser but the only thing that is annoying me its auto download feature. Whenever i click on any link that is for download, safari just starts downloading the file without asking or any confirmation. The click may be by mistake also. So, please help me to disable this Auto-Download in Safari. Thanks in advance.

Re: Disable Auto-Downloading in Safari

Even i tried to find its solution but not succeeded. It seems that there is no fix to stop this auto download feature in Safari browser. So, let the files get download but remember not to open the file that you feel are not safe. Because it has been the source of many Safari exploits. Thats all i do.

If you get some solution, please help me too.

That is the only reason i left using Safari. However there is no solution for this problem but alternatively rather than clicking the download link, you can use 'Download Linked File As' or Download Linked File to Downloads options by right clicking. But i dint liked that way also. Firefox is the best browser in every matter.

You can use a Plugin-in called Afloat. It is a lightweight plugin for MacOSX that lets you apply transparency effects to screen and also helps you to keep the download box on the top everytime. I use it specially to get rid of the said problem. Hope it will work for you as well.