Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google will not load

Google will not load

Here is my problem: whenever I try to load google.com through either Firefox or internet explorer it doesn't work. A screen just comes up saying that it can't load the page. Google Maps and Google scholar still work though. I have searched through a lot of forums with people having similar problems but no luck. Any suggestions?

Re: Google will not load

Clear the Cache of the browsers and then try to access google. Sometimes the cookies which are stored on the computer create such problem. Hence clear all the cookies and cache of the browser and see if Google can be accessed or not.

Ok i tried that and it still doesn't work... Any other suggestions?

I think that it could be a problem from your ISP or perhaps malware or viruses? Type the following in a cmd prompt: ping www.google.com -n 10
    Are you using any router, how are you connected to your internet? Were you able to open google pages before? Did you scan your pc with some antivirus software just to check whether it is infected by some rootkits or so?

Are you the only user of this system ? If no, than it is possibility that someone might have blocked Google access on your system from system32 folder. If any site is blocked from here, you won't get any error like site is blocked, you will get the same what you are getting. To check whether it is not blocked from there just go through this post How To Block Websites Without Any Software? and try the revers steps.. I mean if google.com is there in the HOSTS notepad , than delete and save the file.

JAMES_911- I am connected to the internet via a wireless internet that I share with my roommates. I have only been on this connection for a week and the place I was at before did not allow me to access google either. I have scanned my pc with antivirus and ant-malware as well and nothing showed up. But, i did the cmd prompt you suggested and after saying the request timed out a few times it said "Ping statistics for 206.53.61.77: Packets: Sent =10, Recieved = 0, Lost = 10 (100% loss)." Any idea what this could mean?

Maq.H, I am the only user on this system and I looked in the system32 folder and no luck with that.

Well, fortunately i found another fix for the said problem. If you are using Firefox than try to disabled as many extensions and add-ons as you can. Specially if you Facebook addon or DownloadThemAll, etc.. disable it.

If you are using Internet Explorer that try to use it in No add-on mode. To know how to run Internet Explorer in No Add-on Mode, see this Launch internet explorer with no addons .

The problem could be in certification set up, you can also try to make sure 802.1x authentication is not enabled in the wireless connection properties. Try to reset internet explorer settings:

• Click Start button and then go to Control Panel.
    • Change to Classic View on the left pane and double-click the Internet Options icon.
    • On the Security tab, click Default level button for each icon in the Select a zone to view or change security settings.
    • Click to Programs tab, and then click the Make default button if it is not grayed out.
    • Click to Advanced tab, click Restore advanced settings button in the Settings area.
    • Click the Reset button in the Reset Internet Explorer settings area and Click OK.
    • Click Apply, and then click OK.

Big Fish and Maq.H, I tried both of your suggestions and still, no luck. Got anything else?

Much often users are unable to access google if they are using some kind of anonymous proxy server. Make sure it is not in your case. And is it is still there than might be the cause of corrupted Windows registry or corrupt Windows files. In this situation, the only way os repair or format your system and reinstall it again.

Santy, I'm not really sure how to check if I have an anonymous proxy server. Could you explain?

To check the same on Internet explorer, go to the Tools menu and click Internet Options. Than select the Connections tab and finally click LAN Settings.

Here Under Proxy server make the check box is not marked. If it is than you are using proxy server.

Use a tool called Hide IP, you can get it by searching online and use its trial version. Install and run it and then click on the chnage ip address in Hide IP and your ip address will be automatically switched to some other address, then try to open google.com and check whether it is opening or not. Also if it opens then this means that google has been blocked on your ip address it seems.

I am not on a proxy server and I tried the hide IP thing and still no luck. Could there be some sort of virus or malware that I am missing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast