Thread: unable to delete emails in Mail

unable to delete emails in Mail

I have old message that I can not remove (I'm running OS 10.5.7). I'm putting them in the trash, empty it, they constantly respawn in the inbox. I have reconstruct my boxes, but no change. In addition, except error messages stored in the Library are not identifiable. I have also used the mozilla thunderbird and really works like a charm without such errors. please suggest some Solution so that i can delete emails in Mail?
    Last edited by Abhik; 27-05-2010 at 12:11 AM.

Re: unable to delete emails in Mail

Please let me know whether you are using IMAP because if you are using IMAP then the deleted mail usually just gets marked for deletion and then it deletes sometimes later. So i would advice you to wait for sometimes and chck whether it is deleted or not. If still it does not gets deleted then to resolve this error it is always advisable to reconfigure the Mail application on your mac this will work. You can change the setting preferences from the Apple menu -> preferences.

Mac OS X comes with email software Mail, and that's good. It can address their mail directly from their computer without going through the website that provided the mailboxes. Moreover, one can identify simultaneously a large number of boxes.

When you have an account. MAC, the parameterization of Mail is automatic because you certainly have entered the info you need when installing Mac OS X .

Mail find inspiration in the Mail tab of System Preferences, Internet section, the necessary information. and configure the options accordingly.

I will suggest you to create another accounts, to meet other boxes of electronic mail , provided by your Internet access provider or other providers of free email accounts. So that you can delete the emails instantly because IMAP is causing all the problems and hence the best possible solution to this problem is to create a new profile but this profile should be based on either .Mac or POP (Post office protocol).

Follow the steps which i have mentioned below to get rid of this problem

• Go to Apple menu / preferences and Click on Accounts.
    • The question then fill in all fields to go to Mail address mail to your site periodically depending on the setting made here (for all your mail accounts):
    • you can also e-mail address any time by pressing the appropriate button in the GUI Mail.
    • Fill all the account information precisely and after you finish this simply click add account.
    • A new windows will appear which will ask you further more information Start by entering your type of account as POP (Post Office Protocol)

Post Office Protocol is the former type of messaging is still much used today, it is a normal account to read mail, you must download the entire contents of messages on his machine

Most probably i think that it is not the case as you are pretending it. Its not like that your mails are not deleted and there are some sorts of issue with the Mail application. It appears as you may have been using IMAP unknowingly. because with IMAP deleted mails are not deleted instantly they are deleted sometimes later as it has been configured. You can access or edit these configurations too. Wait for sometimes and your messages will be deleted. according to me it is a good feature.

IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) is a new kind of more advanced messaging, which allows among others to download only message headers, to see if you really want to see if they are spamming for example, or simply junk mail, it is available, delete, and edit it directly on the server without having to download on their machine, it is basically the main advantage of IMAP servers. They thus offer more possibilities to adjust the settings.