Thread: Import FF bookmarks to Safari 4 ?

Import FF bookmarks to Safari 4 ?

Hey guys, i am a Windows Vista user and was using Firefox as my default browser since a long time. Recently i started using Safari and found it much effective. Now the problem is that all my important bookmarks are saved in Firefox. I tried to get import all that bookmarks to Safari 4 but dint found any option for the same. Could you guys please help me out ? How can i import FF bookmarks to Safari 4 ? Please help.

Re: Import FF bookmarks to Safari 4 ?

Yes, offcourse you can. First save your Firefox bookmarks in Html format. you can do this by Bookmarks => Organize bookmarks => Import and Backup => Export to HTML. Open your Safari Browser and in the file menu there is the option for "Import Favorites". Click on the that, show the way where you have saved the firefox bookmarks in the HTML format and click ok. Thats it.

Both browsers have their favorites stored in a file format. Html, so we can swap them from one to another without problems. Fox Fire favorites are on this: Your User>> Library> Application Support>> Fire Fox>> Profiles>> Default.tmj -> It's a file called bookmarks.html. Just copy this file from a browser and replace the corresponding folder in a different browser.

When you're in Firefox go to Bookmarks than Organize Boormaks ... . You get a window and you stand where it says "All bookmarks" + Go to the menu bar of the same window and click on the little icon on the far right always within the same window ... HTML + Export + You give the name and location .

Now in Safari: File + Import Favorites .. Find the location of the file you have saved and you are done.

The best part to this job is with an extension named Foxmarks. What you need is to install Foxmarks in Firefox and sync all your bookmarks., Now open Safari 4, install Foxmarks here also. Once done, select the option "Keep bookmarks on the server; discard bookmarks on this computer." Thats it. You will find all your Firefox bookmarks in Safari.

For more info about Foxmarks, see this: http://forums.techarena.in/web-news-trends/1156071.htm

Quote Originally Posted by O\'Brian View Post
    The best part to this job is with an extension named Foxmarks.
    Thats true mate. I use the same to play with my bookmarks anywhere and on any browser. Its really great. This works no matter which operating system your Firefox is installed. You can also connect to my.foxmarks.com to manage your bookmarks from any computer connected to the Internet. Once this extension is installed on your machine, you will simply ask to specify a username and password. Of course you have to install the Firefox extension on all that you want to synchronize.