Thread: confusion related to Website maintenance

confusion related to Website maintenance

Hi

I am a little confused, is the cost of website development is more than the cost of website maintenance? It's tough guessing a price of website maintenance by the hourly plans offered by few sites.

Do we need so much of maintenance after the website is done?

Thanks

Re: confusion related to Website maintenance

Website maintenance is very important once the website is developed. The website which you have developed should be running and up for most of the time and for that purpose website maintenance on regular basis is important for solving minor bugs and problems with the website. Hence according to me Website maintenance is very important.

hello,

website maintenance is required if there are lots of changes which are required to update regularly. In case of static website you dont need to. Incase of dynamic website, the solution provider may provide you an admin panel using which you can modiy your website but if many frequent changes are required to your website almost daily then you require maintenance. e.g shares/mutual fund websites which are updated regularly.

Thanks Guys, Actually I am planning to have an ecommerce site. Its in the design stage now. After my site is done and made live I will need to do content and image changes. This would be a regular but repetitive work which wont be too tough. So for such type of job the design company is charging a bit too much I feel. Even if I choose their hourly maintenance plan I might end up paying more, how will I judge the time taken by the company to complete the job is an actual valid time. I might get duped by the hourly plan.

So trying to find out a less complicated and affordable way for my site's future maintenance. Any recommendations?

Hi,

can you tell me how much have they quoted for the website maintenance.

johnmarshel Guest

This everything depend on site,about cost and maintenance everything,
    Develop site in manner that maintenance cost is low,
    When you find on Internet so much costly,you maintain by yourself is good and if confusion then many suggestion on Internet also availble