Thread: Unable to open pps files in windows mail

Unable to open pps files in windows mail

I have installed Vista Home Premium on my computer system and whenever I receive a pps attachment with the email, then I find myself unable to open the mails. I am getting such error message as

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing his action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel."

What should I do in this scenario, what should be the fix for such issue ????

Re: Unable to open pps files in windows mail

The problem can be occurred at the network level, first you need to check the internal configuration of your network and then try to find the same procedure again . I want to give you the suggestion that you need to come out first with another way and try to consider the extent of the issue. Is this an problem only when using your email client? If it is so, what email client?

Re: Unable to open pps files in windows mail

PPS files are the office package file that is created by Microsoft Office PowerPoint. PPS files are a common distribution form for PowerPoint presentations and slide shows. Since you suggest that SP2 broke it, I will treat as that it was working perfect at some point.

The primary question for this issue is, Do you have PowerPoint ? If it is like that , launching Microsoft Office's Setup and choosing Repair option should do it. If you have already installed the PowerPoint viewer then it may also have a repair option within its Setup. Either may be retrieved via Control Panel, Add/Remove software's.

For .PPS files (Microsoft PowerPoint Slideshow)

This error can be generated if the Open command is not found properly for .PPS and/or .PPT file types. To fix the issue, you need to follow the steps :

1. Click on Start menu and type regedit.exe after selecting Run from the start menu and then press ENTER key.

2. Expand the following branch as follows :
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ PowerPointViewer.SlideShow.11 \ shell \ Show

3. Just right-click Show and click Rename

4. Type the word Open so that Show is replaced by Open

5. If you have installed the PowerPoint Viewer , follow the same steps in this key:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ PowerPointViewer.SlideShow.12 \ shell \ Show

6. After configuring Show to Open, exit from Registry Editor window.

For .PPT files (Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation)

For .PPT files
    If you have received the attachment and unable to open the file, the file that you receiving right now is the presentation file. In case,you are unable to open that then try to do the following :

1. Click Start menu and type regedit.exe in run box and then press ENTER

2. Expand the following branch:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ PowerPointViewer.Show.11 \ shell \ Show

3. Right-click Show and click Rename

4. Type the word Open so that Show is replaced by Open command

5. If you have PowerPoint Viewer 2007 installed, come again with the stated steps in this key:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ PowerPointViewer.Show.12 \ shell \ Show

6. After changing Show to Open, exit from the Registry Editor window.

pcs365_12 Guest

idea Re: Unable to open pps files in windows mail

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    I have installed Vista Home Premium on my computer system and whenever I receive a pps attachment with the email, then I find myself unable to open the mails. I am getting such error message as

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing his action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel."

What should I do in this scenario, what should be the fix for such issue ????
    .....hi I haven't tried this out....but you can try associating the file type in openoffice and open it....also please do let me know if you are bale to???
    .... take care