Thread: Browser Crash on webcam "Allow flash player settings"

Browser Crash on webcam "Allow flash player settings"

So my webcam is working well for local applications like skype. But say I needed to use something such as stickcam or chatroulette or play a web cam game online. So I moved to some sites and got that little flash popup which says "allow flash settings" and you can allow or deny.

when I click on the allow to commit, It just crashes the browser . I have tried chrome, IE, and Firefox and all are going in the same way. IE and Chrome suggest that there is a issue with the plugin shockwave flash. I performed the installation and re-installation of Shockwave flash, Flash player so many times. Both are the latest versions. I have Installed and reinstalled webcam associated drivers for my built in HP webcam. According to me, I have had this issue from day one if that suggest anything.

Re: Browser Crash on webcam "Allow flash player settings"

Hey guys !
    I a, also running with the same issue as Mathew stated above but unable to solve that. I don't have any idea what to do now with this error. I have tried almost everything and this error occurred in very strange situation. Actually, it happens since I have tried to installation of USB TV tuner driver, but maybe it's not the cause...what you say ????

I don't have a web-cam and nothing as a personal information about their use. However, there are something according to my knowledge through which you can check out. The first is the online Flash Settings Manager that you can retrieve from the macromedia official website and consider the instructions before going to make any configurations .

Secondly, if you have removed the Flash plugins from your browsers (as opposed to Shockwave Flash that is different program) if you didn't use the uninstaller from the Adobe site , your recent installation could be destroyed .

Just be sure that Internet Explorer security is configured to the Medium: Default level, that allows displaying ActiveX controls. Alternatively, reset the Custom level to get the ActiveX controls with the following steps.

1. Open Internet Explorer.
    2. Select Tools => Internet Options.
    3. choose the Security tab.
    4. Choose the Custom Level.
    5. Find the portion "ActiveX controls and plug-ins."
    6. Configure Download Signed ActiveX Controls to Prompt.
    7. Configured Run ActiveX Controls And Plug-ins to Prompt.

You need to contact your System Administrator for much guidelines .

Download Adobe Flash Player

If you are continuously getting the same error again and again then I think you need to go for the uninstall option and install a latest version and Download and install Flash Player from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center. If you are suffering with the downloading Adobe Flash player,Just make sure about something as :

• JavaScript is enabled.
    • Your OS and browser support Flash Player.
    • You have accepted any ActiveX or Add-on warnings.
    • You accept temporary installation of the Adobe Download Manager.
    • You have temporarily switched off virus detection or different blockers.
    • You have proper user rights to install software.

If you are still suffering with the same issues then just download the proper and latest version of flash player.