Thread: Games For Windows Live won't update, help

Games For Windows Live won't update, help

I have been using a custom made desktop installed with a license copy of the windows 7 operating system. But i am unable to make out why i am not able to update my games for windows live. Since when ever i try to install the updates manually it hangs on after sometime then i had to shutdown my system forcefully. Anyone aware what is happening please help.....

Re: Games For Windows Live won't update, help

You have not installed the game properly or you may have not installed the game on your system and hence you need to install the game once again. the second possible reason is you may not have been using a license copy of the game so purchase a genuine or license copy of the game. This will help you to get this problem solved.

To install and update the Games for Windows-LIVE software, follow these steps:
    1. Visit the following Web site to install the latest Games for Windows – LIVE client software:
    2. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=98609 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=98609)
    3. Start Games for Windows – LIVE.
    4. The games for Windows – LIVE software will check whether an update is available. When an update is detected, you are prompted with several options:
      • Enable automatic updates for Games for Windows – LIVE: This option lets you automatically receive new updates as they are released by Microsoft.
      • Disable automatic updates for Games for Windows – LIVE: With this option selected, automatic updates are turned off. However, you will be notified if a new update is available when the Games for Windows – LIVE software is started.
      • Turn off any future notifications of a new update for Games for Windows – LIVE: With this option selected, automatic updates are turned off, and you are not notified of any new updates as they are released.
    5. Note When automatic updates reminders are turned off, you will receive a message that describes how to manually update the client.
    6. Sign in to Games for Windows - LIVE.

The updates which you are trying to install is not getting installed on your system is because your game is not recognized as a genuine it is recognized as a pirated version so please tell me which version of the game are you using. Or reinstall it once again. This will definitely help me to implement another solution to solve your problem.

You might have opted for the remind me later option so you need to configure the Automatic Updates feature to update you be proposed later. To restore declined updates

1. Click Start, Execute, Type sysdm.cplThen press Entrance.
    2. Click on the tab Automatic UpdatesThen click Show again the updates that I had previously hidden.
    3. Click Yes to restore the declined updates.

In this situation i would recommend you to update window live using the WGA installer it will help you to take advantages of using original windows. I hope that this will help you to get rid of the updation problem. But if the problem persists still then i think you need to format your system . Hope that works.

The system hear is not updating because either you may have turned of the automatic updates so the best solution to this situation is to get that turned on from the security center. Also make it sure that you have installed an antivirus and it is working correctly since sometimes when your system is not working correctly then it will not allow to install the updates.