Thread: Our domain name added in SPAMMER list

Our domain name added in SPAMMER list

Please help I am in great problem. I am using an Exchange server 2003 which worked fine for all these days but from past few days all my emails are bouncing back due to inclusion of the domain in black listed spammer list. I cant understand How our domain was added in the spammers list and hence need advice on how to revert the action. Also what could have caused the inclusion of domain in the spammers list? Please help.

Re: Our domain name added in SPAMMER list

A certain domain name is included in the spammers black list if there are lot of spam emails emerging from it. This situation can be because of the improper configuration of the exchange server. Hence I would suggest that you check the configuration of the Microsoft exchange server and make the necessary changes which are required. After configuring the system properly, check if there are any spam emails emerging from the domain or not.

I was also facing similar problems with the emails while using Exchange server 2003 on the computer. The mails which were sent bounced back and there was no email received. After lot of troubleshooting, I found out that the problem was due to the relay of the exchange server. The only solution to solve such problem is to block the relay of the exchange server. Once the relay of the exchange server is blocked, you will not face the same problem again.

As suggested I blocked the relay of the exchange server but still while sending emails, I get an error message saying "Domain is added to spammers list". Blocking the relay of the exchange server has not solved this problem and hence I want to know what can be done to solve this issue? Please suggest some workarounds.

Just blocking the Relay of the exchange server will not bring the domain out of the spammers black list. The spammers list is populated automatically but to take out a domain out of the spammers black list is not done automatically. You will have to contact the hosting providers and describe the problem to them. If they find the reason to be genuine, your domain will be out of the spammers list. Hope the post helps.

I would suggest that you contact them using a computer which is not included in the domain which is black listed and tell them that the issue was due to relaying of the exchange server which has been solved. They will check and will unlock the domain which is blocked.

Hello,

A domain name is never blacklisted in any of the spam databases. It is your ip address which could be blacklisted in the spam databases or if your ms exchange smto server is not following rfc compliances then you may face such issues. I would suggest you to verify & implement the below checklists if required & i am sure it would be fine

1). The public ip address from which you are sending the email i.e your ms exchange server is sending the email has to be static & should not be listed in any of the spam databases such as spamhaus, spamcop, etc

2). define a dns ptr record to your ip address such as mail dot yourdomain dot com. The dns ptr record is created by the service provider who has provided you the internet.

3). Ensure that someone pings to mail dot your domain dot com it resolves to the same public ip address & everyone should be able to connect to the ms exchange smtp server on port 25. This can be done by the hosting provider who handles the DNS for your domain

4). In your ms exchange server, configure the hostname in the smtp server as mail dot yourdomain dot com or qwhen the ms exchange smtp server connects to servers to send the email, the ms exchange server should use the ehlo/helo name as mail dot yourdomain dot com

5). define spf records for your domain & include the public ip address in the same. To implement spf records kindly consult with your hosting provider who is handling your dns. For creating spf records you can visit the below url for refrence

http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/safe...nderid/wizard/

Prasad

Thanks for sharing such an useful information. I would follow the check list which you have provided and see if I am able to solve the problem or not.