Thread: Alfa AWUS036H can't connect to internet

Alfa AWUS036H can't connect to internet

Hello friends,

I am having computer system with windows XP installed on it. I recently bought Alfa AWUS036H USB WiFi Adapter. But problem is that I am not able to access the internet though this USB WiFi Adapter. I have installed driver for this then also getting same problem for internet connection. I wonder if you are able to help me to sort out this issue. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Alfa AWUS036H can't connect to internet

According me you have not properly installed the drivers of this Alfa AWUS036H USB wifi adapter. So I suggest you to uninstall the current drivers and then download new drivers for this USB wifi adapter. Then install this drivers and restart your computer system in the way to take effect. I hope this will definitely resolve your internet connection problem.

I think there might be some problem in your operating system. If you have not tried the reinstallation of of your windows XP operating system then try it. It this solution also doesn't worked for you then check if there is any problem in this USB wifi adapter. I suggest you to try this USB wifi adapter with other computer to verify the issue.

I am also having same problem with Alfa AWUS036H USB WiFi Adapter. I have tried all of the possible solutions to resolve this issue, but still no success in it. I have also tried the reinstallation of Alfa AWUS036H drivers. I also reinstalled my windows XP os, but there is not difference in the internet connection problem. Please provide proper solution over this.

I suggest you to check if there is no problem from the internet service provider. Because most of the time this type of issue causes problem for internet connection. I also suggest you to configure the internet setting of your computer properly. Please try one of these4 solution to resolve your internet connection problem.

It seems that your Alfa AWUS036H USB WiFi Adapter might have some hardware issue. And because of that you are not able make the internet connection. If this Alfa AWUS036H USB WiFi Adapter is under warranty period then try to replace this faulty USB WiFi Adapter. I think this is the ultimate solution to your problem.

Please try with following solutions:
    • Try reinstallation of drivers for your USB WiFi Adapter.
    • Try to reinstall your OS.
    • Replace your Alfa AWUS036H USB WiFi Adapter.

question Re: Alfa AWUS036H can't connect to internet

With Windows XP Professional, SP3 on my laptop I can connect to the internet via wifi with no problems. However I cannot connect to the internet on my older PC even though I get high strength signal indications (both computers are side by side) when the AWUS036H is connected to a USB port.
    I do see that Windows XP Professional on my PC only has the SP2 upgrade. Could this be my problem? Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by travelerone View Post
    With Windows XP Professional, SP3 on my laptop I can connect to the internet via wifi with no problems. However I cannot connect to the internet on my older PC even though I get high strength signal indications (both computers are side by side) when the AWUS036H is connected to a USB port.
    I do see that Windows XP Professional on my PC only has the SP2 upgrade. Could this be my problem? Any other suggestions?
    Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for your alfa awus036h wireless adapter? In case if it is a signal problem then it seems to a problem with the adapter itself and therefore installing Service Pack 3 or so wont help you much. However, what I have heard is that if you're too close to the accesspoint, it will not work because the signal is too high and with a signal too strong, packets gets corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by super cop View Post
    Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for your alfa awus036h wireless adapter? In case if it is a signal problem then it seems to a problem with the adapter itself and therefore installing Service Pack 3 or so wont help you much. However, what I have heard is that if you're too close to the accesspoint, it will not work because the signal is too high and with a signal too strong, packets gets corrupted.
    Yes, I've re-installed the driver several times. The wifi access points are at least 30 meters distant.
    What is puzzling is that the adapter works fine with my laptop but doesn't allow connection to the internet when plugged into my PC. Both computers are located at my desk.

You can try one thing over here like, if you have an Ethernet adapter in the PC and a Ethernet Cable that can reach the router try connecting it and see if it resolves, I'm 100% sure it will. After it resolves have the wireless try again and see what happens, I'm guessing it will resolve and when you remove the Ethernet cable it will continue to work