Thread: Streaming in Windows Media Center

Streaming in Windows Media Center

I desperately seeks a way to read (and save if possible) all the online streaming in Windows Media Center. Specifically I would like to view channels through the router. Does anyone know or have a plugin to do that?

Re: Streaming in Windows Media Center

Did you tried using VLC player? It works absolutely fine in most of the cases. I would prefer VLC over Windows Media Center. All you need to do is start VLC player, click on Media, Service Discovery and then select the channel. Now click on View and then Playlist. You will notice Window Playlist appears displaying all the channels. Select the channel you want to view. Now VLC Media Player will show you the selected channel.

I know this but I would like to integrate this with my Windows Media Center. I don't want my WMC to handle all those things but instead want a remote to do that. I just want to save all those and handle things with some remote.

Then why don't you use your normal TV box and the remote then? You can even purchase a standalone TV which do come with remote that gives all those benefits what you wanted. And why do you wanted to save those? Is it of some important to you?

VLC do have a feature which allows you to run it with the help of remote control. It is by default deactivated. It is called as "lirc". To help you with it you can look for it on VLC website. In VLC, go into Settings -> Preferences -> Control interfaces and check the box marked Infrared remote control interface, then hit Save. Once that's done, you need to setup your ~/.lircrc to map the remote keys to VLC key presses.

There is a plugin that does exactly what adsltv + vlc, but here it is integrated into WMC. It is DVBLink for IPTV. But the main problem is it paid version. Otherwise, I'm looking too directly integrated into an ActiveX WMC to see the chains of the FBX as does adsltv and if possible free.