Thread: No Internet on BackTrack 4

No Internet on BackTrack 4

Hello friends,

I am having computer system with BackTrack 4 installed on it. I am having some problem with internet connection. I am am not able to access the internet. I have followed all the steps required to configure the internet connection, but still having no internet connection. I am totally frustrated because of this internet issue. Does anyone posses proper solution to resolve this issue? I am waiting for your reply.

Re: No Internet on BackTrack 4

I think you need to check the internet connection line which comes from the service provider. You need to confirm that it is connected properly. You also need to check if router is working properly as this may cause issue for internet connection. There might be chances of having problem in the connector of internet cable.

It sounds you have not properly configured the internet setting. And because of the you are getting troubled for internet connection. So I suggest you to configure the internet setting again. It this also doesn't worked for you, then contact your internet service provider. I hope it will solve your internet issue.

TrioTrio Guest

There are many factors that can cause problem in internet connection. It is also possible that there problem from the side of your internet service provider. It is also possible that your modem is not working properly. According to me you need to check if there is loose connection between internet line and modem or not.

I am using BackTrack 4 and having same problem with internet connection. I have configured the internet setting properly, but still having same problem. I also tried with new modem but no difference in the problem. One of my friend suggested me to reinstall the BackTrack. I also did the trick but without any luck. If you posses solution other than this, then please let me know that.

The server is not functioning correctly or has been temporarily removed from the Internet:

* Your Internet browser is not configured correctly.
    *The TCP/IP configuration for your dial-up connection to your ISP is incorrect.
    * Your ISP's Domain Name Service (DNS) server is not working correctly.
    * Hosts files in the System_drive:\Windows, System_drive:\Windows\System32\Drivers, and System_drive:\Program Files\Network Ice\Black Ice directories may be damaged or corrupted.

According to me your internet browser might have some problem. I suggest you reinstall your internet browser properly. Then restart your computer and check if you getting same issue or not. Suppose you are getting same issue, then please contact the internet service provider to resolve this internet issue. Other than this I don't know any solution to resolve this internet issue.

PrabhdeepSingh Guest

Try SolarWinds Network monitoring software.
    It makes easy to quickly detect, diagnose, and resolve performance issues with your dynamic network.

pcs365_12 Guest

idea Re: No Internet on BackTrack 4

Before I go ahead suggesting TS to you, I need some clarification?
    1. what type of connection are you using?
    2. Any router's or adsl modem?
    3. Was the internet working before back track 4?
    4. What all new apps have you installed?
    5. Did you contact your ISP?

.............hope you reply to all this and than we can go ahead, hope you understand that to TS on any issue you need to be very specific....

pcs365_12 Guest

question Re: No Internet on BackTrack 4

Quote Originally Posted by Taarank View Post
    Hello friends,

I am having computer system with BackTrack 4 installed on it. I am having some problem with internet connection. I am am not able to access the internet. I have followed all the steps required to configure the internet connection, but still having no internet connection. I am totally frustrated because of this internet issue. Does anyone posses proper solution to resolve this issue? I am waiting for your reply.

Hi,
    Is your issue resolved? if Yes, please do let us know on the forum page.

Thanks