Thread: DTS sound from MKV files and optical port

DTS sound from MKV files and optical port

Hi all,

I have a Samsung LCD TV. I will play a MKV file through the DVD that have optical port. I will connect the optical port to my TV port directly. but i found that the sounds is not much better that i expect. the sounds output is dull. Any idea, What wrong with the connection. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

I take it you are using your tv to watch DVD etc on your HD TV. I had the same trouble where the sound was imminent out my tv. I solved this by leaving in to the sound options on my LCD (which you can access in your TV panel) then set your sound default as HDMI. This should solve the problem, just keep in mind to set the default back to the tv speakers when you are finished using it on your TV. I hope that helps.

You need to calling the repair people back, and this time show/describe the problem exactly. Hopefully they'll better recognize, and fix it. Chances are you're not the merely one having this issue. You may also fix it yourself. Try it and reply.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Audio capability is remarkable for such a small LCD screen at 10 watts. At 17% of the units total audio volume potential I was able to entirely fill our large showroom with sound. The Samsung LCD TV has an excess of input choice including 2 sets of element video inputs, a 15 pin VGA style input for PC, and abundance of audio left and right channel inputs to go along with the video inputs. Check with this and reply.

Set your TVs resolution is 1366x768. Use either 720p60 or 720p50 as your "Video output "setting (use 60 if you typically watch American TV and movies, use 50 if you typically watch PAL TV (most of Europe). Set "Framerate sync" to NTSC/PAL. The best audio settings depend on whether you use the TV for audio or not. Check and reply.

This Samsung model has the following audio and video settings:
    * Resolution
    * 1366 x 768
    * Viewing angle
    * 170 degrees
    * Supported DTV Resolutions
    * 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i
    so, native resolution is true High Definition. Then, it wires the 480 and 720 public resolution places in both progressive and interlaces scanning. As to the settings for color, brightness, etc., I suggest you put them to create the most natural human face flesh rendition.

You need to replace the port cables with an HDMI cable if both the cable box and TV have HDMI connectors. The cable company gave you the module cables since they are far cheaper than an HDMI cable--unless you buy one on the web. Do not buy the $79 Monster HDMI cable as it works no improved than the $19-25 model with no name. You can arrange the generic HDMI quite cheaply. The proceeds of the HDMI cable are that both the video and audio are digital and carried through the same cable and give output to DTS. All the best.