Thread: Wireless connection problem with BD-C6500

Wireless connection problem with BD-C6500

I have recently purchased the BD-C6500 and I am not able to connect the wireless network via Blu-Ray player. It just stuck on the Gateway Ping. It does not matter if I try to connect it with wireless or with wires. It just goes through the network connection test and just hangs on the Gateway Ping. I am having Linksys Wireless-G router.

Re: Wireless connection problem with BD-C6500

Samsung has launched a firmware update for the BD-C6500 Blu-Ray player which I have downloaded from its official site. I thought that it will solve my problem but I was wrong, because after downloading the firmware when I tried to install it, it is not going above 50% and that it just freeze. I am not able to power it down without unplugging it. I have tried to install the firmware more than four times.

Well, I finally got the solution for this problem of firmware update issue for fixing the connection. I have returned my old Samsung player and bought the new one that is LG BND570.
    I have set this player in less than ten minutes and it is working fine. If you are facing the same problem then I will suggest you to do the same because according to me this is the best solution.

I have tried to setup the machine today and I am facing the same problem of gateway ping, I do not why it just hangs up. I have tried each and every thing that was suggested on the Samsung website, but nothing worked. I am still suffering with the same problem. I have also tried to manually input every possible combination of IP, DSN, etc but everything goes in vain. I am doing this for more than one hour and now I am really frustrated.

I have the perfect solution for this problem and I have got it worked. For solving this issue I have changed the security level on my Linksys WRT54GS router. Well this is the not the correct solution if I consider the perspective of other users, but it is working fine for me since I live in a remote area. I am sure that I would not get hacked. Finally the choice is your’s whether to try this solution or not.

I was also facing the problem while doing the update for the firmware but now I have updated it. First when I tried to update the firmware it starts and stops at 50% and then remain in the same status for hours.
    But now I have finally updated it and also get it to gateway ping. I have done this by turning up the firewall OFF and then turning the broadcasting ON in the router setting. After doing this I have started the setup and it was complete without any issue.
    After finishing the setup turned the firewall ON and the broadcasting ON since I do not want to compromise my security. You can try to do the same this will surely solve your problem.

For solving the issue gateway ping with BD-C6500 you have just follow these simple steps:
    1. First download the latest firmware update from the official site of Samsung.
    2. After that try to update the firmware.
    3. Then enter the Admin mode on Linksys WRTP54G router
    4. Then disable all the wireless security.
    5. After that you have to the default reset for the BD6500 and you can do this by pressing and holding the “Stop” button for more than 5 seconds.
    6. Then follow the setup and choose “Auto” for IP configuration.

Samsung BD-C6500 Internet Connectivity Problem

I spent hours trying to solve what appears to be the same problem. I finally discovered what I had done wrong. I'm sure that most of you wouldn't have done the same thing, but here goes...

When entering the WEP code for my FIOS router using the Samsung remote, I didn't understand how to use the on-screen keypad. I used the numeric keypad on the remote for the numbers, and the on-screen for the letters. I did not understand about the key in the bottom left, which allows you to enter capital letters and numbers. Once I went back and re-entered my WEP code using the on-screen keypad only, and using capital letters, I was able to connect.

Hope this helps somebody else out there....