Thread: Speedup the torrent downloads

Speedup the torrent downloads

My computer is running Windows XP Service Pack 2 and I use the Torrent sites for doing all the downloading stuff from the internet. Many-a-times, I am able to get a very great speed, but sometimes, the speed is extremely slow. I am not able to understand why this happening. Well, that is not the concern. Now, I want some techniques that can be used to speedup the torrent downloads. All possible replies and comments on this topic are duly appreciated.

Re: Speedup the torrent downloads

You may be facing problems with the speed of the Torrent downloads many a times because the particular torrent file may be selected that is having less number of seeding and peers. So, if you can select the proper file for the downloads, you will get a good and constant speed for the downloads. Anyways, I think that there are many softwares available in the market that will help to speedup the torrent downloads. Search for the same on the internet.

You can follow the tips given below to speedup the torrent downloads:
    • The upload needs to be capped.
    • There is a need to hack the as many TCP connections as you can.
    • All the seeds and peers needs to be checked before starting the downloading.
    • The default port has to be changed.
    • The default Windows Firewall has to be stopped.

It has been seen that users set the upload and download speed to the maximum thinking that this will speedup the torrent downloads. But, this is actually wrong. You have to limit the downloads to a particular speed, so that the speed remains constant. Thus, the speed will neither fall nor rise. I hope that this trick helps you to some extent. Wish you all the best...

The main solution to speedup the torrent downloads is to get the best speed from your Internet Service Provider. This is the first thing to check that whether you are getting a good speed from the provider or not. Only after that, you have to get the good torrent files. Although there are many torrent applications, it is suggested that you go with uTorrent. This is the third point to be noted.

You may be knowing that the individual files that are to be downloaded in a single torrent file can be viewed before the downloads are started. So, you can simply deselect the ones that are not required and thus, you will only have to wait for the downloading of the important files. So, this will also help you to speedup the torrent downloads.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Make sure that when you are downloading stuffs with the help if Torrents, one must avoid the streaming of videos and other harsh usage of the internet. Actually, this can be taken as one of the tips to speedup the torrent downloads. I have experienced a drop in the speed when such other internet activities are going on within the system. So, try avoiding the same.