Thread: Hamachi slowing down the Startup process of computer

Hamachi slowing down the Startup process of computer

Please help, I am facing a weird problem with my computer after installation of Hamachi on it. I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows Vista operating system. I play many games online and hence installed Hamachi on the computer but after installation of Hamachi, the computer boots up really slow. So if anybody knows why Hamachi is slowing down the Startup process of computer then please share some information which might help me in solving the problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: Hamachi slowing down the Startup process of computer

The process of Hamachi must be selected in the Startup process due to which the computer is booting up slowly. Whenever the Windows operating system boots, the processes which are selected in the Startup processes are executed. If there are lot of processes in the startup processes then the system will boot slowly. Therefore to improve the booting speed of the computer, remove the process of Hamachi from the Startup processes. After removing Hamachi from the startup processes, see if the system performance improves or not.

Thanks for replying to the thread really fast. Yes I think the hamachi process is selected in the startup processes list as Hamachi starts when the computer boots. As suggested I tried to remove the process of hamachi from the startup list by starting Hamachi, but could not find any option related to it. So I want to know how to remove hamachi from the startup process? Please help.

You cannot remove the process of hamachi by starting the application. It is very easy to remove the process from the Startup list once you know how to do it. Follow the steps below to remove hamachi from the Startup list :-
    • Click on Start and select Run.
    • Type msconfig and hit enter
    • Now select Startup tab (A list of all the processes will be seen)
    • Locate the process of hamachi from the list.
    • Remove the check mark against the process of hamachi.
    • Click on Apply and then click on OK
    • Now the system will prompt for restart. Select restart
    • Check if Hamachi starts at startup or not.

I followed the steps you suggested and removed the process of hamachi from the startup. Along with Hamachi, I unchecked many of the applications which were loading at the startup and increasing the startup time. Now the computer boots up really fast. Now I want to configure a Hamachi network to play online with my friends and I dont know how to go about it, so can you guide me in setting up the Hamachi network to play games online?

I am glad that the solution worked for you. For playing games online using Hamachi, you will have to configure your hamachi setup first. Start Hamachi and click on Configure. Enter the nick name which you want to use and click on OK. Now click on UCL network button and select Create. Now give name to the network and keep a password. Click on Create. Now give the name of the network (IP address) and the password of the network to the people with whom you want to play. Similarly you can also join any network by entering the network name and password for it. After Joining the appropriate network, the list of servers will be available in the LAN section of the game.

Instead of using Hamachi for playing games online, you can download and use GARENA as a Virtual LAN client. Unlike Hamachi, Garena does not require any complex configurations. You just have to install Garena and create USER login id on it. Login to the client using the USER ID and join the room for the game which you want to play depending on the Country from which you are playing. After joining the room, you will be able to see all the servers for the particular game in the LAN tab of the game.