Thread: Why cant I install BetterPrivacy addon on Mozilla firefox?

Why cant I install BetterPrivacy addon on Mozilla firefox?

Hello people, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP. The computer has an Internet connection to it and Mozilla firefox is installed as the default browser. I downloaded the BetterSecurity add-on for Mozilla firefox for protecting my Internet surfing sessions but whenever I try to install the add-on, the browser gives the message saying "Unable to install". I cannot understand what is the reason behind the problem and hence want to know Why cant I install BetterPrivacy addon on Mozilla firefox? Any suggestion/solution about the topic are more than welcome.

Re: Why cant I install BetterPrivacy addon on Mozilla firefox?

I think there is some problem with the version of Mozilla firefox installed on the computer due to which you are not able to install the application on the browser. There are many files which are related to the application. If any of the file which is associated to the application is corrupt or missing on the computer, the browser will not work properly. The only solution to such problem is to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing on the computer. Uninstall the application from the computer and remove all the files which are associated to the application. Reboot the system and install the browser again on the computer.

Is there any security software installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the reason for the problem which you are facing. The security softwares once installed on the computer prevent any changes to be made on the applications which are installed on the computer and can be the reason behind the add-on not getting installed on the computer. Try and disable the Real time shield of the security softwares which are installed and then see if the add-on can be installed or not.

It is possible that the system which you are using is infected with some kind of virus which is not letting the add-on to the be installed on firefox. Virus's get downloaded while visiting certain website or while downloading certain data from the internet. Some virus's have the tendency of getting linked with the files of the applications which are used frequently. If such a situation occurs then the application whose files are infected will not work properly. Hence scan the system with an updated antivirus and repair all the files which are infected. After repairing the files which are infected, check if the add-on can be installed or not.

Sometimes the installer for the application which is downloaded itself is corrupt and if the application is tried to install using such an installer, there will be lot of errors. The installer can get corrupt due to many reason, one reason can be because of the Internet fluctuation. If there is internet fluctuation during the downloading process, the downloaded file will be corrupt. Therefore download the installer for the addon again and try to install the application. See if it works or not.

Check if the application which you are trying to install on the browser is compatible with the version of the browser which you are using. If the application is not supported by the version of the browser which you are using then you are bound to get such errors. Hence check the compatibility of the application with the browser and then try to install it. If the application is not supported, then it will either not work at all or will give some problems while working.

Are there any other add-ons installed on the browser? If yes then disable them and then try to install the better security add-0n. Some add-ons when installed on the browser create such problems with the browser. Sometimes the files of the applications which are installed on the browser itself are corrupt and if such an application is installed on the browser, it will corrupt the files of the browser. Hence Start the browser in Safe mode and then install the add-on. In safe mode all the applications/add-ons which are installed are disabled. Therefore if any previously installed add-on is creating problem in installation then it will be solved. Hope the post helps.