Thread: Delete emails on my iMac.

Delete emails on my iMac.

When I delete e-mail from my iMac mail it leaves the screen, but it is not deleted from my server side. To avoid going on my megabytes allocated to the server end I have to go to my web page Cogeco and open my e-mail and delete all this time I deleted my iMac ... it is so time consuming and frustrating!

If I do not delete the email in this way, then I am not able to send emails since my quota is over! I am not able to find a solution in the manual and none of my friends is able to help me.

Please is there anyone out there have a solution Delete emails on my iMac?

Re: Delete emails on my iMac.

Open Mail and go to Preferences > Accounts.
    Select the account you want to edit by clicking in the left pane and in the right pane, click Advanced.
    At the top of the next window, you will see the option "Remove copy from server after retrieving a message" with a selection of times just below.
    Place a checkmark in the box, and then, using the dropdown menu, choose one of five options. Close the Preference box and answer yes to any invitation to save changes.

To remove an email account in Mail:
    1. Open Mail (click it on the Dock or open it from the Applications folder).
    2. From the Mail menu, choose Preferences..., or press Command-, (the Command and comma keys).
    3. Click the "Accounts" icon.
    4. Select the account you wish to remove.
    5. Click the "-" (minus) icon. You will be alerted that "The account's setup information, mailboxes, messages, notes, and to do's will be deleted permanently from your computer."
    6. If you are sure you want to remove the account and email messages from your computer, click "Remove" to complete this process.

I want to thank the person who answered my question how to delete my messages from my server.
    The information I received has worked so well. I have no problem.

But, now need I little more help from your side. I am able to delete the message from my server without any trouble but, how to get it back if I have deleted any message by mistake.

You can recover messages you have deleted since the last time you emptied your deleted messages folder or compacted your mailbox.

If Mail is set up to move deleted messages to a folder, select that folder (marked with a red delete symbol) and drag the message to another mailbox.

If Mail is set up to mark-deleted messages, choose Show Deleted Messages from the View menu then select a message and choose Undelete from the Message menu.

To see how Mail handles deleted messages, open the Viewing pane of Mail preferences.

To see your mailboxes, choose Show Mailboxes from the View menu.

If you cannot find a message, make sure you are looking in the correct deleted messages folder; you might have more than one if you use more than one email account.