Thread: Tata Photon Disconnections

Tata Photon Disconnections

Hi,
    I have a TATA Photon usb internet connection. I had purchased this a month before which is quiet not working properly. I had subscribed for a postpaid connection and for first some week that works well. But after a while the modem keeps on losing connection. Many time my system hangs while surfing and on restart the same works back again. Is there is a fix for this.

Re: Tata Photon Disconnections

I will advice you to re-install the modem back again. Sometime due to improper updates the usb modem does not work properly. For this you can go in Device Manager by right clicking on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. Uninstall the modem from here by right clicking on it and remove the pc suite software also. Then re-install it back.

Just check the network indicator on your desktop screen. If there is low network then the connection keeps up dropping. Try to plug in the modem in a different usb port. Might your old port is damaged or slow. You can try this out first. You must be in proper coverage area to get continuous Internet access on your system, as the modem works on SIM card.

Try to re-install the modems driver and then check out. The pc suite software provides you the dialer by which you can connect to Internet and use the Internet. The dialer has a network indicator, if it fluctuates then that simply means that you have a low network area. Many times re-installing the driver fixes issue. Some windows update might cause the problem.

I had a similar issue where my connection keeps on dropping. For this I had complained about the same to the customer care department and they had fixed the same from their part. You have to contact them for such issue and then a representative will contact you for the same. Then if there is any issue you will get a replace sim for the same.

If you have slow internet issue then there is small utility which is offered by TATA indicom to boost of internet connection. It is called called as speed +. It offers you some default settings which helps to open up your web pages at a faster rate. I am not sure that might be available till but you can search on the official site for that and try it.