Thread: Macbook keeps disconnecting from internet

Macbook keeps disconnecting from internet

I have a Apple Macboook. Dont know what exactly happened but yesterday while chatting online I got disconnected. I again tried to login and re-connect but it was not worth. It happened that my internet connection was only not working. I then re-booted my Macbook and only then I got re-connected to internet. And since then I am having this problem of random disconnection with my Macbook.

Re: Macbook keeps disconnecting from internet

I guess you can try to turn Off Airport and then after few minutes turn it On again. I had the same problem with my MacBook. I had no clue why the issue was existing so I tried the suggested solution and it just worked well for me. So I guess you can try this and might quite possibly work for you as well.

I recommend you to change the wireless key to WAP as well as change the password and your network name. Also check if using a different internet web browser on your MacBook you get this problem or not. I had issue with Mozilla Firefox but Safari was functioning well. So just verify the same.

There can a number of reasons for this. As said by Trio it can be an issue with your web browser. But it can also be a basic physical connection issue. Check the wire connection of your router. It can be that the router is not properly connected. Try to unplug the router and plug it back in. Hopefully this should work for you.

As per your description it does seems to be an issue with the router. Check if the router is working properly or not. Try to take the issue to your internet service provider. It can be an issue with the internet connectivity from the internet service provider's side. Have you tried re-installing the messenger which was crashing? If not then this might also fix the issue for you.