Thread: 9.10 keeps dropping wireless connection

9.10 keeps dropping wireless connection

Hi,
    I have a WiFi connection on Ubuntu works. It is connected through a wifi usb key with proper driver installed. I had configured connection properly and assigned ip manually with opendns support. But even after all works I am not able to load a web page instantly or after several seconds, the page does not opens up. It is like you are downloading a file. My connection is interrupted for several minutes-seconds and then resume normal speed as this is not annoying for updates.

Re: 9.10 keeps dropping wireless connection

On your desktop screen in Ubuntu you have a a small icon in the upper right near the clock display, you click with the right mouse button and normally it will show you all the networks range. It should how you the network signal here first. If this is absent then your wi-fi is no getting proper wireless signal. Have you tested your connection first on other system.

That is right. The upper corner shows you the indication of network strength. When you click right, ensure that Enable the network is activated, if not, you click the right button and then you click the left mouse button to activate it. If nothing appears, it's because the drivers for your pc do not detect any connection and for this you will have to install the usb device properly.

If you does not find your Internet setup there then just right click on that and then from the left side choose Manual Setup. This will allow you to run a manual setup for the Internet connection. Here you can see three choices wireless, wired and modem connection. Choose the wireless connection here and follow the screen instruction. Set the proper configuration.

I will need a little bit more information on the wireless connection to figure exactly what is the issue. First for this open a terminal. For this you will have to click on Applications and then Accessories. In this group you can see Terminal. Click on that and then type the following command iwlist. Hit enter and not down what you see here. Post the same here I can provide you some fix.

By passing a simple common in the terminal you can scan out the network or connection of your wireless support. Run the terminal and then type iwlist scan. Otherwise, the command iwconfig allows you to configure your wifi and associated with your access point. The command ifconfig-a which allows you to see all your network interfaces. You can re-configure this by using the command.