Thread: Cannot delete mail messages

Cannot delete mail messages

Hi,
    I am try to delete the email message from my mail box. Currently I am having more than 350 emails and it is rising continuously. I think I have made some mistakes while configuring it, which is the reason I am facing this problem. I do not have any idea what I have done wrong, but I need the solution or the related reply for this issue why I can not delete mail messages.

Thanks

Re: Cannot delete mail messages

My friend,

You have to provide me, more relevant information regarding your problem.

1. Which email application you are using for managing your emails.
    2. Need details related to what is happening, I mean you are pressing the delete button and nothing is happening, or it is going to trash and you are not able to delete the email from trash.
    3. It will be better if you can provide the preference settings

More information will enable me to provide a better solution to your problem.

Change to the “Offline Mode” and then try to delete it may this will help you.
    However, if you are unable to delete the email from the outlook then I will suggest you to uninstall or disable firewall and the antivirus software. After that start your outlook in safe mode and then try to delete the emails.

If that also does not help you out then you have to create a new profile in the Outlook express and then delete the emails, this will surely solve your problem.

Thanks for the reply,

As you have mentioned I have tried to delete email by going into offline mode, but I faced the same problem. I mean unable to delete the email. The only solution left for me is to uninstall the Microsoft outlook express and then try to delete the emails. If anybody has any alternative solution for deleting the email then please let me know, because I do not want uninstall the Microsoft outlook express, until and unless this is the last option left for me.

I was also facing the similar problem and when I searched the internet for the solution for this problem the best I was able to get is to uninstall the Microsoft outlook express and then again reinstall it.
    When I discussed this issue with my office Administrator, he said that try to install the “WMUtil.exe” in your computer system. I have done so and I got rid of this problem. You can download this “WMUtil.exe” from internet. Now I am able to delete the emails. This helped me out; I hope may be this will also help you.

Well here is the perfect solution for your problem.
    First you have to go to the outbox directory that is in the Windows Explorer. The exact location is:
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Local Folders\Outbox
    now with the WinMail close and delete all the files present. After that try to repair the database and then run the command prompt and the Adminstrator and copy there in there
    esentutl /p "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows
    Mail\windowsmail.msmessagestore"
    Fill up the %USERPROFILE% to match your profile (For example c:\users\nrc)

Now in the last you have to reopen the WinMail and this will fix your problem
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Thanks for the input guys, a friend is having this problem for 2 weeks already.

There are many things that can cause mail to get "stuck" and make it where they can't be deleted. Here are some things to try.

First, just select the message that you wish to delete and hold the shift key down and then pressing the delete key at the same time. More often than not, that simple trick will allow you to delete a stubborn e-mail message.

If that doesn't do it you may need to try disabling the preview pane by selecting the menu choice View, layout and then unchecking Preview Pane. Sometimes the preview of an e-mail message can cause Outlook to lock up and prevent you from deleting certain messages. This is especially true of some of the advertising junk e-mails.

Be sure you keep all your patches up to date and be especially alert to keeping your anti-virus program up to date. There is a possibility that the problem is a result of the message triggering your e-mail virus scanner and causing it to block access to the message. If you suspect this is the case and you are sure the message is safe you can briefly turn off your anti-virus software.

If the above list of suggestions don't solve the problem then I would suggest rebuilding your Inbox. To rebuild the Inbox file just close Outlook Express and search for Inbox.dbx and delete it. When you restart your e-mail program it will automatically be recreated.

Before you do that you will want to create a new folder in Outlook Express and then move all of the message you want to keep into the new folder, leaving behind the ones you can't delete. When your finished you can then move your e-mail messages back into the Inbox folder if you're so inclined.