Thread: Change IE8 from dialup to cable

Change IE8 from dialup to cable

Hello guys,

I am using the internet browser known as Firefox with Time Warner cable. When I try to open IE7 or 8 and says that I am offline and, if I try to connect, it requires to use dialup connection. There seems to be no method to specify the cable network.

The error that you are getting, it sounds like that you are using explore then It is occurring such type of error and when switched to the Firefox it is in positive manner and you can access Internet connection.

What you got there when you enter into the browser settings from the following location : Go to Tools =>Internet Options=>Connections tab? You should be able to change that there into "never dial a connection" and that will facilitate you to use your current cable connection.

You are getting this error message because you have done your internet connection settings with the firefox. The settings for internet connection are only applied and configured for the firefox.

On other hand, your IE contains a default value for connection which is different from your current connection but you have configured your current connection settings in Firefox. You have to configure the settings of the browser and set the value for connection as you currently have.

I have configured everything what I can do. I have done the same that you are talking about but during the connection settings . But now I entered for the configuration and clicked Setup. It says "Already connected to the Internet".

I am finding myself that unable to add a network because it is already exists. If I click "Browse" it opens Firefox. However, your question made me wonder what will happen if I kill the cable connection. I'll try that now.

Thanks

First of all, would you tell me which one browser, you have configured and usign as a default browser.

In case, if you are using the Firefox as a default browser then you need to made some little settings for your IE , If I am right then you need to got for the IE settings and choose Tools menu of IE8 and uncheck Work Offline. It can solve your problem regarding the connection and getting offline issue..