Thread: Sharing 7.5Mbps Cable with 3 pcs

Sharing 7.5Mbps Cable with 3 pcs

Hi,
    I have a 7.5 mbps cable line network at my home. I want to add 2 more pc to it and what to share Internet with those pc on the network. For this which will be the much easier way. I will also play games on the same high speed network. So that must not effect my downloading speed. I had purchased and setup the network recently. What you suggest for the same.

Re: Sharing 7.5Mbps Cable with 3 pcs

It is possible to share internet via local area network. Just plug the broadband cable on the lan and then enable lan settings. Once done you and other users can simply share the internet connection. If you want to limit the speed to each use then you can use IPSec policies or any third party software for this purpose.

Just enable Internet Connection Sharing on the main pc. To enable the Internet Connection Sharing on the host (the one featuring an Internet connection), just click the right mouse button on My Network Places on the desktop and choose Properties from the menu. Click the right mouse button on your connection icon and select Properties. Then, click on the Advanced tab and check Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection as well as the other two squares. Please confirm by clicking OK and close the Network Connection window.

You can configure the gateways on the clients for better interner sharing. The gateway is the IP address of PC that has Internet connection, or 192.168.0.1. For this you will need to set the IP address in TCP/IP. For this right click on Network connections and then click on Properties. Then click on Internet Protocol (TCP / IP) > Properties. in the General tab, type 192.168.0.1. as a gateway for each client. Same in the General tab, click Use the following DNS server address.

At home, you have a local network between your different computers one of which is connected to the Internet via a broadband connection. It may therefore be worthwhile to make the Internet accessible to your other computers on the LAN by sharing your connection. Everyone will in turn use the Internet. It is obvious that the bandwidth will be shared among all computers on the network using the shared connection.

There are two ways to share an Internet connection. The first is a a hardware solution via router or software solution via proxy. The main interest of the router is able to connect from any machine without necessarily connect a server machine. A proxy server is software that installs on the machine connected to the Internet and can handle requests from other machines on the network as if they were from the connected machine.