Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Airtel Broadband: getting high pings

Technology & Internet

Old 15-04-2010

Airtel Broadband: getting high pings

Help, I am facing some issues with Airtel broadband connection which I am using. I have a Airtel broadband connection which is connected to my desktop computer which is running on Windows XP operating system. I play lot of games online like Counter Strike and I get very high pings during gaming. Due to this I frequently get kicked or disconnected from the server. I cant figure out how can I solve the problem and hence need your help. So if anybody else is facing similar Airtel Broadband: getting high pings problems then please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Old 15-04-2010

Re: Airtel Broadband: getting high pings

I suspect that the link which is providing the bandwidth to the computer is faulty due to which you are getting high ping. Sometimes the link which is providing actual bandwidth to the computer is flappy which leads to frequent disconnection. Therefore get the link checked by some technician of the ISP and if it is faulty then get it rectified. Once the link is rectified, you will not face the same problem again.
Old 15-04-2010

To play the counter strike online, some in game configuration is required. The rates which are required to be entered while playing the game online and on LAN are different and hence they have to be changed for playing the game properly online. Start the game and go to console. Enter the following commands in the console :-
1. rate 25000
2. cl_updaterate 101
3. cl_cmdrate 10000
4. cl_cmdbackup 2
5. sys_ticrate 10000
6. sv_maxupdaterate 101
After entering the following commands, see if the game lags.
Old 15-04-2010

It is possible that the application which you are using to connect the game to the remote server is corrupt and due to which you are not able to play the game. All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files which are associated to the application. If any of the file which is associated to the application is corrupt or missing on the system then the application will not work properly. Hence uninstall the application and remove all the files/keys which are related to the application from the computer. Restart the machine and then reinstall the application. See if the problem continues.
Old 15-04-2010

I think the router which you are using is not configured properly due to which you are getting high latency while playing the games. For the internet connection to work properly, the router must be configured properly. Contact the Airtel customer support and get the proper router settings. Login to the router and see if the router is configured is as per the settings provided by the ISP. If there are changes to be made, do it and then save the configuration. Reboot the router and see if the performance of the computer improves.
Old 15-04-2010

Check if the network interface card is working properly or not. I was also facing similar problems with the Airtel broadband connection which I later found out that the problem was with NIC which I was using. To check if the NIC is working properly or not, click on Start and select Run. Type "ping 127.0.0.1" and hit enter. Check if there are data loss while sending and receiving data. If there is any data loss then you will have to replace the NIC as it is faulty.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , , ,