Thread: Improving Wifi Speed on Toshiba Laptop

Improving Wifi Speed on Toshiba Laptop

Hi,
    When I connect to the Internet through the wireless modem, it is stated that the reception is excellent but I find that my Internet browsing is really slow. I a not able to get the exact reason behind this. I have a Toshiba laptop in which my wireless internet works very slow. I can see full signal strength on the wifi. Does this is due to bad hardware.

Re: Improving Wifi Speed on Toshiba Laptop

First, we must know that there are two different wireless standards: 802.11b and 802.11g the. the latter allows a speed of communication between the computer and the wireless access point 11 Mbps while the standard "g" is capable of 54 Mbps. If your box and your computer are compatible with this standard, it would be a shame not to enjoy. Thus check the configuration interface of your adsl box that communicates with your wireless network 802.11g rather than 802.11b

Same goes for your computer, verify that the wireless card in your PC or Mac is by default set to 802.11g. To do this, right click on the connection icon at the bottom right of your screen. Then click on Properties, then in the General tab click "Configure. Then, once in the" Advanced "tab, you access the settings for your wireless card. Another explanation could respond to our problem and which one does not necessarily think: it may happen that a neighbor borrow your WiFi network. As noted earlier, if your network is not secure, a neighbor may unintentionally (or not) grab your connection and then use a large part of your bandwidth for personal purposes.

Wireless technology transmits on different channels ranging from 1 to 13. As a last resort, you can change the radio channel which makes your box. Indeed, if multiple wireless transmitters are nearby on the same channel as yours, the problem will then have to share bandwidth with each other, hence the interest to change the transmission frequency.

The change in transmission frequency also takes place via the configuration interface of your box, except the owners freebox which, as noted above, should do so via the interface of account management located on the site Free. It should be borne in mind that even if the transmitter power of your wireless devices is relatively low, it is still necessary to stick to channels 1, 6 and 11, if you want to avoid causing another and suffer interference from other radio.

For an optimal connection, the first thing to do is to properly prepare his wireless modem. To do this, do not stick against a wall or wedge it in a corner, focus on open spaces. Also check that the antennas are perpendicular to the ground and that the modem is located high. As a general rule, remember that the wireless card is an element that uses a lot of energy on a computer. This element is to consider if you use a laptop running on battery.