Thread: Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter

Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter

Hi friends,
    I was in the XP version and I have evolved over Prof. Windows 7 since I have a yellow triangle on the network card adapter Teredo Tunneling, I was getting the following error :
    "This device can not start".
    My internet connection is ok. So please tell me about the Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter Hope that somebody will help me soon.

Re: Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter

The error code code 10 is generated when the Device Manager has insufficient information or error that propagates up by the device driver is not recognized by Device Manager. In addition, this error can occur when the necessary drivers for the device does not start. While many drivers are used by a particular device, it can be difficult to determine which one failed. Error Code 10 should look like the following :
    • This device can not start. (Code 10)

The most common resolution was to update the drivers that are associated with the device in question. To do this, follow these steps :
    1. In the Properties dialog box device, click the driver.
    2. Click Update Driver to start the Update Wizard of equipment.
    3. Follow the instructions to update the driver.

You may be prompted for the path of the driver. Windows may have built the driver or the driver files can always be installed the last time you configure the device. If you are prompted for the driver and you do not have it you can try downloading the latest version of the pilot site 's equipment manufacturer. The error code 10 apply primarily to the problems of hardware and peripheral driver or compatibility issues between hardware drivers and additional software that is installed in Windows. Therefore, we recommend that you resolve these problems by focusing on device drivers, configuration issues on computer peripherals and hardware compatibility issues.

If you suspect that the error Code 10 is related to inconsistent, outdated or damaged device drivers, try the following method :
    1. If the device was preinstalled on the computer, visit the website of the manufacturer of the computer.
    2. If the device was installed after the purchase of the computer, visit the website of the device manufacturer.
    3. If the device was preinstalled on the computer and the manufacturer does not have an updated driver for the device, visit the device manufacturer's website.

Another possibility is that the device was not designed to work with the version of Windows you are using. You can use the compatibility list (Windows Hardware) to determine if the device is listed as being compatible with your current version of Windows. If you have not deployed IPv6 in your network environment, disable the device and its sub 6to4 device :
    1. Right click on desktop> properties
    2. Select the Hardware tab, then click Device Manager.
    3. In Device Manager, click the View menu and select "Show hidden devices".
    4. You'll find "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface" listed under Network Adapters. Right click and disable.
    5. Right-click and select Disable 6to4 Adapter.