Thread: Unable to sign up in facebook

Unable to sign up in facebook

hi, i have a very short and hope you guys can help me out of this soon. Today when i was trying to Sign Up in Facebook as many of my friends are using it. I open the Facebook homepage and filled up the form and when i click on submit, it use to give me an error message stating "Cannot open socket error". Now what is that ?

I tried about 4 to 5 times but still the same error. Do you guys have any idea about the same? Please help.

Re: Unable to sign up in facebook

It is been observed that Facebook seemed to encompass a technical fault (unable to resolve DNS), hence I don't feel it was at all any ISP problem. I’ve registered on Facebook , though they at all times look like to cover weighty load on their servers. What I can suggest you is carry on trying from time to time, When I faced such issue this is what I did and it worked.

Hi, am having some similar problem with Facebook. My brother has a facebook account and he use to access it from PC we have at home. Now, when i was trying to sign up on the same, one time i by mistake put my DOB as year 2000. That time it rejected me saying am not eligible. After that when am trying to sign up with the correct DOB that 1982, it is just redirecting me to the sign up page again and again. Also some time it keeps rejecting my name during sign up ?

Whats went wrong ? Is there anyone to help me out to fix this ?

In order to sign up on Facebook, you must be no less than thirteen (13) years of age to get eligible for Facebook. I think when you mistaken putting the DOB it might have been stored in the browser cache. Try to clean up the cache and repeat the process again. If it still gives the same issue than just try it with some another web browser. Also remove your cookies (merely the facebook ones) and all will be fine. You should also make use of a different email address to sign up rather than the one you entered while filling the form for the first time, it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    Hi, am having some similar problem with Facebook. Also some time it keeps rejecting my name during sign up ?

Whats went wrong ? Is there anyone to help me out to fix this ?
    Note that Facebook account names have to stay to the following legitimacy standards:
    • The first and last name provided by you must be listed. Nicknames can be scheduled if they are dissimilarity of your primary or final name, but simply in the layout "First Name ‘Nickname’ Lastname."
    • Accounts are for private use only. To signify a superstar, business or product, you need to generate a Facebook Page. Pages are on behalf of a actual public figure, performer, product or group and may only be shaped by an official representative of that creature.
    • Specialized and religious titles are not permissible in account names.
    • Your maiden name can also be listed as your alternate name on the Account Settings page. Remember that account names that contain "was", "nee", and "formerly" are not permitted.
    • Accounts can characterize one individual only. Accounts representing groups, families, or couples are not allowable.