Thread: Get rid of cookies on a Mac

Get rid of cookies on a Mac

I am having the MAC desktop computer system and it has the MAC OS in that desktop computer system. I want to know that how to get rid of cookies on a Mac. I want to do this because the internet on my system is running very slow. So i want to clear all the cookies of the browser. So that the internet browsing become faster. So guide me for doing the same.

Re: Get rid of cookies on a Mac

You are having the apple Mac desktop and you want to know about removing the cookies on the Mac desktop. As your internet is running slow on the MAC you want to clear all the cookies from the system. Well the cookies clearing method is different for every internet browser. You have not mentioned the browser which you are using in the MAC. So first mention that.

I am also having the same kind of the issue in my apple MAC, the internet is running very slow. I am using the Apple safari and the Mozilla firefox. But the internet is slow on both the browsers. I am not able to find, from where i can clear the cookies of the browser. So provide the procedure for clearing the cookies from the Safari as well as from the Mozilla firefox in the MAC.

So you are using both the internet browser for browsing the internet on the MAC. You are using the Apple Safari and also the Mozilla Firefox. Follow thw steps given below to clear the cookies form the Apple Safari on the MAC.
    If you want to only clear the cookies from the safari the do this.
    Open Safari-> select preferences-> Security-> Show Cookies-> delete.

I will advice you to clear all the things from the Apple Safari which you are using for web browsing. This will increase the speed of the internet browsing on your MAC system. You can clear the cache, forms, passwords and cookies from the Safari. For doing this you have to reset the Safari browser. You can do this from Reset Safari option available in the Safari menu.

For clearing cookies from the Mozilla Firefox from your Apple MAC desktop follow the steps given below properly.
    Firefox Menu->Preferences->Privacy Tab-> show cookies.
    Now you can see all the cookies present in the browser and you can delete all the cookies as well as some selected one according to your needs. You can also use the program called Oynx in the system which will clear the cookies easily.