Thread: Firefox won't download files anymore

Firefox won't download files anymore

I am facing some issue with my Mozilla Firefox, whenever i try to download anything Firefox it's not allowing me to download it, when i am trying to download it's allowing me to get a confirmation dialog box and at the same time i am also getting save option too, but after that it's not getting download. Can anyone tell me why i am my Firefox won't download files anymore.

I was also facing similar type of issue where i was not able to download anything from firefox, then i asked my friend he told me to find and delete downloads.rdf from my system and then reboot your system and after that i was able to download anything from firefox, hope you would be also facing similar type of issue .

Thanks you for your quick reply i had try to delete downloads.rdf from my system and at the same time i had also created a profile too but still i am facing the same issue, does anyone knows any other solution apart from deleting .rdf file, is my system is being infected with virus ?

No my friend your system is not infected with virus if it was then it should not allow you to download it in other browser, but i think you are able to download it on another browser, in that case i would recommend you to download the latest version of Mozilla Firefox and i am sure after downloading it you won't face any issue such kind of issue anymore

You are facing such kind of issue because you had not cleared the history in that case you need to click on tools go to download option and then click on Clean Up or Clear List and reboot your system for changes to get effected and i sure now you should not face any kind of issue when you try to download any files in Mozilla Firefox.

IF you are facing such kind of issue then i would suggest you to Reset download folder for that you have to save it to different folder for that go need to goto Tools option over there you will find out Downloads, after that you will find a option as Always ask me where to save files is selected, select Save files to and choose a download folder.