Thread: iChat : video and audio stopped working

iChat : video and audio stopped working

Hi,

I have recently installed iChat on MacBook book pro with mac os x 10.5.6. I had no problems with my computer before a few months, and no problem with iChat - both in normal text and video chat first. Then all of a sudden video and audio chatting stopped working, whenever I try to connect , I get the message "not connected" or "not responding" .. I have a MobileMe memberships and enabled Secure Chat. What may be the problem ????

Re: iChat : video and audio stopped working

The Secure iChat only works if your friend has a MobileMe account and it has also enabled the secure conversation. If you try to create a conversation between a secure iChat conversation MobileMe account and an account of conversation. Mac, both participants must have Mac OS X v10.5.4 or later and the software update to Mac OS X for MobileMe .

If you can not chat with iChat, the conversation is secure or not, before you troubleshoot your Internet connection by checking that other network services such as email and the consultation web pages work. If you can not use other Web services, you must troubleshoot your Internet connection. If you can use other Web services, but iChat does not work, and if you use a router or NAT device, you must make sure the device is configured for iChat.

If you can talk securely with any MobileMe member, you must update your security settings by opening iChat Preferences and select your MobileMe account in Accounts preferences. Then click Disable in the section Encryption Accounts pane of iChat Security. Quit iChat and reopen it, then re-enable iChat encryption in the Security section of Preferences iChat accounts.

If Secure other services (iTunes Store, etc.) are not available, a secure Web site displays an error message. Certificate is required to secure applications such as Mail, SSL warning message appears. If this is Keychain Or Mac OS X, itself are likely to encounter problems. To use Secure iChat, you first need to resolve this problem.

You can easily check that the correct settings, try different whether MobileMe can chat with members. Even though you can chat with other members of the security and you can not chat with certain members of the security is likely that there is a problem with the other settings. IChat can not chat with the other computer and MobileMe is set correctly for your account, make sure that security is enabled.