Thread: RAM usage by Mozilla Firefox is very high

RAM usage by Mozilla Firefox is very high

Hello everyone, I was using Opera 10 browser, but many of my friends had suggested that Mozilla Firefox is far more better. But, after using it for quite some days, I have noticed by looking at the Task Manager that the RAM usage by Mozilla Firefox is very high. If this normal or some kind of problem that I am facing? My computer is running Windows 7 Ultimate operating system.

Re: RAM usage by Mozilla Firefox is very high

I am using the same browser and I can also assure you that the RAM usage by Mozilla Firefox is very high and this is not an issue that is faced by only you. This is a genuine problem of all the users who are using this particular browser. Mozilla Firefox is a very good browser, but when it is used for a long time like more than 3 hours, the entire system almost lags.

I suppose that the RAM usage by Mozilla Firefox is very high is because there are too many add-ons of that browser installed in the system. The add-ons are the main cause for the too much usage of memory by this particular browser. So, it is always suggested that you must quit installing the add-ons, so that it will not use up all the free memory available.

According to me, the problem that the RAM usage by Mozilla Firefox is very high, since this particular browser has a lot of memory leaks. It is best among the browsers, but Opera is being given an important place because of such resource usage by this particular browser. I am using Firefox too and facing the same issue till now. I am surprised that nothing is being done to improve this situation.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

The reason why most of the users quit using Mozilla Firefox is that the RAM usage by it is very high. I was using this browser, but have now switched to Internet Explorer because of this one reason. The ratings of this browser is very high. I suggest you to have a look at the following threads to get some solution for this issue:
    1. Firefox memory usage keeps increasing
    2. Mozilla Firefox consumes lots of memory

There are 2 reasons why the RAM usage by Mozilla Firefox is very high. One is the browser itself and the other one is that you are using Windows 7 operating system. The version of the browser that you are using must be compatible with the Windows 7 operating system, otherwise such issues are seen to occur. The following thread will help you to some extent:
    Improve Mozilla Firefox Speed