Thread: How to choose and register a domain name

How to choose and register a domain name

Hi,

I want to start my own technology related website. I have a name in my mind. I have already purchased a web space from BSNL. But how do I choose and register a domain name ??? what are the steps involved in registering a Domain Name ?? Just tell me what are the necessary services that one would need.

Re: How to choose and register a domain name

Registering a domain is an important step in the process of your development project website. Thus, before creating your website, you must register the domain most relevant to your business online. A domain name is simply the address of your company or association on the Internet. It is your identity on the Net. It is thanks to him that your customers can find you on the Internet

To register a domain, you will have to collect all the documents and sign a contract (almost) with the registrar, which takes about a month, unless you do not live in the capital. For one-time registration of the domain is too troublesome, because most often use the services of hosting companies, which, having a contract with the registrar, may for one day to formalize and provide you with the domain.

Most hosting companies (they are also ISPs) offer the domain for free. You buy hosting and get a domain into the bargain, Thus web hosting company serves as the administrator and takes all the questions on registration for yourself, you only provide information about yourself and pay for hosting. But beware, if a provider registers a domain for a client, then the registration, it may indicate your contact details and did not inform the client access passwords to change data on the domain. In this case, over time, the client may have problems with maintaining DNS-servers, moving them to the new provider, etc.

Before registering a domain you need to perform multiple tests:

- Check that the domain is not registered by another person or entity. This verification can be performed in any company which provides services for Domain Registration.

- If the domain is free we decided to record, we must ensure that the chosen name does not belong to any trademark because it could provoke a lawsuit for appropriation of a trademark. For example, we should never record something like: coca-cola22.com and something like that.

Once we have ascertained the above things ... proceed to the registration of your domain.

To do this you will have to choose the company where you can purchase the domain. Preferably, choose a company that belongs to your country and that while it costs us a few rupees more expensive.

The domain that you purchase should have a direct link to your products or items to suggest the public. This means that you must create and register a domain name that gives immediately upon its evocation, an idea of what you offer on your website. This is called a domain description. Also, help your visitors remember your domain name. To do so, this field should be short, concise and easily readable. The more your visitors easily hold your domain name, they return more easily and you have traffic.The domain that you purchase should have a direct link to your products or items to suggest to the public. This means that you must create and register a domain name that gives immediately upon its evocation, an idea of what you offer on your website. This is called a domain description.