Thread: MobileMe Email messages are missing

MobileMe Email messages are missing

Hi,

From few days back, for no apparent reason or reaction, some folders in Mail was "white" color and the scores of messages disappeared. I connected to MobileMe in Safari to see if I could recover and they (mailboxes and messages) also had receded. Apple care left me through a time machine to restore the mail folder of my user library, but this did not work. Can you tell me why the MobileMe Email messages are missing ??? Please any suggestions to recover the lost data?

Re: MobileMe Email messages are missing

Check that all your computers to retrieve mail are leaving a copy of message on server and not remove it at any time. Confirm that messages are missing are present in several other pc's. I mean nothing more than the absence of MBP, and that its presence in several other computers that are not being removed or deleted from the mail server.

MobileMe email messages can fail for many reasons. You need to ensure that all my rules MobileMe email messages are free of all instructions to delete messages in any condition. Search for text or record the issue of missing emails. Search across mailboxes to mail. Temporarily disabled MobileMe and try again.

If you have another email application configured using Protocol3 post office (POP3), your mail is probably discharged to another location. POP3 protocol is often the default for many email applications. Delete messages from POP3 server and download the email client used. Browse the inbox of all email clients that has been created to verify that email account. Once you find the messages you can send back to your email account so that you can access through the application of preference of their email client.

To prevent this from happening in the future, limit the use of the fact that only one email application client. If this is not possible, make sure you enable the option to leave a copy of all messages on the server in the account settings so that messages will be available to all customers. Another option is to configure each client with Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP). IMAP, by default, leave all messages on the server.

Changes made on a windows PC or Mac are not pushed to the cloud instantaneously: MobileMe syncs email, contacts and calendars between iPhone immediately changes and cloud. MobileMe email offers the possibility to retrieve your messages on all your devices via IMAP. IMAP can be the best option for the management of the same email account on more than one device. By default, messages are stored on the IMAP mail server and only deleted when you delete devices. Each time you connect to the mail server, messages are synchronized so that its contents match the contents of the server device.