Thread: Optimizing images for Kindle

Optimizing images for Kindle

Hello friend,

I am using kindle ebook reader. I have few queries regarding the kindle ebook reader. I am not getting how to optimize the image for kindle so that it will looks good as a screen saver. I have also tried various methods but nothing was help. I wonder if you are able to let me know how to optimize the good looking image for kindle. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: Optimizing images for Kindle

Hi friend,

According to me the high contrast images look best for kindle display. This is because the display of kindle comprises limited dynamic range and which will helpful to boost the contrast on your images. The image of size 600W x 800H will be best fit to the kindles display's. So I recommend you to use images with resolution 600x800 as a screen-saver for your kindle.

I suggest you optimize images as a black-and-white images as a screen saver for your kindle. As per my experience over kindle ebook reader the color images doesn't look better for kindle. This is because the lower contrast of the kindle. SO for best image optimization for kindle, you need to make conversion of the colored images into the black and white image. Then use this converted image for kindle.

I have used Photoshop Elements in the way to optimize images for kindle. In which I re-sized the images as 600x800 pixels and then converted them into to grayscale. The results was okay. According to me the problem is due to high contrast because of that I might get better results if I tried to adjust the lighting.

The max image size for Kindle is about 550x450px wide. You need to make the images greyscale as well as save them as GIF/JPG file format. Make sure that the images of the kindle can not be larger than 64kb. The lines and vector for kindle should be GIF while photo format should be JPG. And if you are having the MOBI ebook, then the image size should be 520x640.