Thread: Blocking keyword spy websites

Blocking keyword spy websites

There is somebody on the internet is using Keyword Spy on my website for searching the keywords from my site.Can you tell me how to block this activity,If you have any idea to block this website then please suggest me the possible solution for this.

I am curious to know this , if only to make it harder to look at the keywords I target though I take it as a compliment my website ranks well enough for someone to want to use Keyword Spy on it.

Thanks.

You can block keyword spy using the IP address via a .htaccess file contained within the root directory and one thing more,you can do it through the firewall used by the server. I like to use the firewall which can facilitate you to manage this type of situation very easily through a very standard user interface.

Configuring .htaccess files happened manually, which is so complex task where the user getting so much fear for another problem.

For example. the spammers can't be able to read or write your .htaccess file they bang on your mail server.

These are not so much serious thing that someone searching and manipulating the keywords and some supporting stuff from your site.

Another user are just using some programs to fetch the keywords from your site.They are just using your site for workout and I don't think there would be any problem with your site after performing this type of task.

Don't worry about this and Just keep on doing what your doing and out ranking them.

Seriously, It's not the matter to be frustrating.There is nothing you can be able to perform against it.

If the other encounter would be blocked and then all they have to do is to save the pages and run through that or they can use the copy the whole sources for their operation.

There are some different thing through which you can stop this but I don't think it would create any problem on the site.The activity can be controlled using the .htaccess files through which the IP can be possibly blocked.

How To Prevent Spy Bots

There is no guarantee to stop these activity with 100% but there are some utilities which can do it better but it's not much sure about this.We can draw a primary line of defense using our server’s .htaccess file.

If you unaware of the functionality and behavior of .htaccess then you have to be get introduced about this term to prevent the sites from these types of troubles that is related to the blocking and unblocking the web sites. You can take some looks to introduce much about this type of file.

Fortunately,The .htaccess file provides some mods through which we can configure the accessing of the contents from other visitors on the site,This one is the demo to do such type of task :

• Take a operating level backup of the current .htaccess file.
    • Now open the current .htaccess or create a new file with notepad.
    • Add the allowed IPs that needs to contact with the site.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain