Thread: Can access Internet with Google Chrome but not with Mozilla firefox

Can access Internet with Google Chrome but not with Mozilla firefox

Hello people, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP operating system and has an Internet connection. Mozilla firefox is installed as the default browser on the system. The problem is I Can access Internet with Google Chrome but not with Mozilla firefox and I cant understand why this is happening. Is it because of some virus? Please help.

Re: Can access Internet with Google Chrome but not with Mozilla firefox

There must be some problems with the version of the browser which is installed on the computer. All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files associated to it. If any of the file which is associated to the browser, gets corrupt or is missing on the computer then the browser will not work properly. You can uninstall the browser from the computer and remove all the files/keys from the computer. Once all the traces of the application are removed from the computer, then reinstall the browser and see if the application is working properly.

Sometimes the applications/add-ons which are installed on the browser create problems like the one which you are facing. If the files of the application/add-on which is installed on the browser is corrupt and if such an application is installed on the browser then the files of the browser will also get corrupt. To be sure that the problem is due to the installed browser, open the browser in safe mode. In safe mode all the add-on/applications which are installed are disabled. Therefore if the browser works properly in safe mode then find and remove the application which is creating problems in normal working of the browser. To start the browser in safe mode, click on Start menu and open Run. Type "firefox.exe/safemode" and hit enter.

Are there any security software's which are installed on the computer? If yes then it could be the reason behind the problem. All the security software's have the tendency to block any unknown traffic coming to or going from the computer to prevent possible virus attack. Due to this tendency sometimes the traffic desired by the user also gets blocked. You can move the process of Mozilla firefox to trusted applications list of the security softwares which will prevent it from blocking. Also try and disable the real time shield of all the security software and then see if the mozilla firefox can access internet or not.

I was also facing the same problem with the mozilla firefox which was installed on my computer. Every time I tried to access Internet using Mozilla, it gave connection timed out error while the other browsers worked properly. I tried to find the problem and finally came to conclusion that the version of the browser was faulty. I removed the browser from the computer and downloaded the latest version of the browser from the official website. After downloading the latest version, I installed it and the problem was solved. Therefore I would suggest you to remove the currently installed version and then install the latest version.

There is a high possibility that the computer is infected with some virus which is not letting mozilla to access Internet. Virus's get downloaded while visiting certain websites or while downloading some data from the internet. Virus's have the tendency to link with the files of the applications which are used frequently by the user. If such situation occurs then the application whose file is infected, will not work properly. Hence scan the system and check for all the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. Once all the files are repaired, check if the browser is working properly or not.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain