Thread: MobileMe Secure iChat doesn't works

MobileMe Secure iChat doesn't works

Hi,

I have Mac OS X 10.5 installed on my powerbook G4. My problem is that MobileMe Secure iChat doesn't works. I have enabled MobileMe Secure iChat but then also it doesn't works. Can you tell me the reason why MobileMe Secure iChat is not working ????

Re: MobileMe Secure iChat doesn't works

During a text conversation, audio or video secure all data transferred during the conversation is encrypted. To use this protection, you and your partner must be a member MobileMe and you enable secure conversation. When you have both enabled MobileMe Secure iChat and you start a conversation, an icon appears on the right side of the iChat window. The textual, audio and video is encrypted on your computer, sent through the Internet and not decrypted until it reaches the computer of your contact.

If you have already entered account information and password MobileMe in MobileMe preferences in System Preferences section, iChat offers to enable secure iChat at the first opening.If you do not secure iChat at the first opening after configuring Mac OS X for MobileMe, you can always do it in iChat preferences. Make sure you have configured Mac OS X for MobileMe by clicking on System Preferences, then click MobileMe. The current status of your account and setting storage appear if your account is properly set.

If MobileMe is configured, open iChat via the Dock or Applications folder. In the menu iChatSelected Preferences. Click on Accounts. Click on the MobileMe account secure. (If your MobileMe account does not appear in the iChat Preferences accounts, you can add it by clicking the + icon in the lower left corner of the iChat Preferences accounts and following the instructions on the screen.) Click Security. Click Enable.

See if your settings are configured correctly, try to talk with other members MobileMe. If you can not discuss securely with a person but as you can with others, it's probably a problem with its settings. Make sure that the person concerned has configured iChat to his MobileMe account and that security is enabled.

If you still can not enable security iChat, even after updating your settings, use the MobileMe Account section for revoke a certificate, then create a new certificate for the Secure iChat reactivating the secure conversation as explained above in the section Setting MobileMe Secure iChat. If you can use other Web services, but iChat does not work, and if you use a router or NAT device, you must make sure the device is configured for iChat.