Thread: MobileMe bookmark sync fails

MobileMe bookmark sync fails

Hi,

I have a problem while syncing MobileMe bookmark with my imac pc. I am not able to sync MobileMe bookmarks from my computer with the bookmarks on my iphone. Whenever I try to do so it always fails without giving me an error. So can you please tell me, why does MobileMe bookmark sync fails ??? And how do I solve this problem ???

Re: MobileMe bookmark sync fails

Make sure that you and your iPhone can make a connection to the Internet. To do this, for example, Safari on your iPhone, and open www.techarena.in . MobileMe requires an Internet connection in order to synchronize it. (setup a new connections or you run subsequent steps required for 3G or WiFi connection is recommended. For an EDGE connection it may take several minutes.)

Confirm that there is currently no synchronization. If there is a synchronized, you can view the Safari bookmarks, the bookmarks that are precisely synchronized, the calendar (where the calendars are currently syncing) or contact (if the contacts are precisely synchronized ) is the activity disc (in the status bar) is displayed. If there is a sync, wait until it is finished, and then check that your details are current.

In synchronization settings, turn it off and on again. To do this, Tap the Home screen, click Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then to your MobileMe account. Set the controls for all accounts that you sync to "Off." Tap when prompted, click on iPhone. Turn your iPhone / iPod touch off and on again, and then re-enable synchronization. When prompted, select the option "Merge with MobileMe." Wait a few minutes, and then re-sync .

Make sure that you have all the contacts or calendar at a glance. If you have set up your MobileMe account in iPhone OS 3.0, you can choose to merge your data or not. If you decide to merge the data do not, your MobileMe treatment data from the existing data on your device separately. Tap to appear in contacts / calendar on the button in the upper left corner, until all the groups and calendars, and make sure you see the MobileMe data.

If the data of the new user are properly synchronized, it is likely that the problem relates to the data in your original user account. You should try to find the objects there. Use split-half method to troubleshoot the testing of large amounts of data to be extremely helpful. If a problem exists when only one half of the record that is the cause of the problem is probably not in the other half of the record to be found, and you have halved the amount of data to be tested. With this method, you divide the data to be analyzed into smaller manageable amounts until you find the cause of the problem.