Thread: Cannot use Internet Download manager with Mozilla firefox

Cannot use Internet Download manager with Mozilla firefox

Hello people, I am facing a weird problem with Mozilla firefox browser and Internet download manager which is installed on my computer. I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP operating system and has an Internet connection. Mozilla firefox is set as the default browser on the system. The problem is I Cannot use Internet Download manager with Mozilla firefox. Whenever I use Internet Download manager which is embedded in Mozilla firefox, it gives BSOD and then I have to restart the computer. I cant figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help. Is this because of some virus?

Re: Cannot use Internet Download manager with Mozilla firefox

I think there is some incompatibility issue with the applications which are using due to which you are facing such problems. Some applications are incompatible with each other and will never work together. I would suggest you to try and using some other download manager with Mozilla firefox such as File Download manager which has similar features as Internet Download Manager. Check if the File Download manager is working properly with Mozilla firefox or not.

There is a high possibility that the system which you are using is infected with some kind of virus which is creating problems in normal working of the browser. Virus's have the tendency to get linked with the files of the applications which are used frequently by the users. If such a situation occurs then the application whose files are infected will not work properly. Hence scan the system with some updated antivirus and check for the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected. If the files of the browser which are infected is more then you will have to reinstall the browser again on the system.

It is possible that there is some problem with the version of the browser which is installed on the computer. All the applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the application is corrupt or is missing on the system then the application will not work properly. The only way to solve such problem is to replace all the files which are missing or corrupt. Replacing the corrupt files will solve the problem. Uninstall the browser which is currently installed on the computer and then remove all the keys/files from the system. Once all the traces of the browser are removed from the computer, download a fresh installation file for the browser and then install it on the computer. Now check if the browser is working properly or not.

Have you tried using some other browser? There are many browsers which are available online which can be used instead of Mozilla firefox. Google Chrome, Safari, Opera are few of them. All the mentioned browsers have more or less similar features like Mozilla firefox and hence can be used instead of it. Download one of the mentioned browser and install it on the computer. After installation of the new browser, check if you are able to use IDM with the new browser. If the IDM does not work properly with the new browser then installation of IDM has some problems and hence should be installed again on the system.

Whenever two applications are incompatible with each other, they will result in termination of each other and not in BSOD. Usually BSOD is displayed when the system is not able to access the system RAM or if there is not enough space on the RAM of the system. Therefore I would suggest you to check if the RAM chips are working properly on your system. Open the computer and remove the RAM chips from its respective slots. Clean connecting terminals and then fix the RAM again in its slot properly. If there are multiple RAM chips then try booting the system using single RAM chip at a time. If for a particular RAM chip the system does not boot then discard the RAM chip as it may be faulty.