Thread: Block internet access for screen name

Block internet access for screen name

Hello friends,
    I have Compaq computer which has windows xp installed in it. Can any one tell me how to block internet access for only one user and allow the other user to access internet fully? I want to prevent my child from accessing internet. Can any one tell me how to block internet access for screen name? Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Block internet access for screen name

You have to use following steps to Block internet access for screen name. It is very easy to do this.
    First click on Start button ->now go to Control Panel ->now go to User Accounts -> Now select the the account for which you want to block internet access and then you will find "access rights" tab there. -> just make change as you want.

Hey if you are using internet explorer then you have to use following steps to Block internet access for screen name. You have to just change the proxy setting of your browser so that your child can not access internet any more.
    Just right click on internet explorer -> now Select "properties" -> now choose the "connections" tab -> now choose "LAN Settings" -> now check the box marked "Use a Proxy Server For You LAN" -> now enter type 127.0.0.1 as the server address -> and the press OK.

You have to use following steps to block internet access for screen name. It is very easy to do this.
    First go to start button -> now go to run option -> now type gpedit.msc in it -> then go to user configuration" / Administrative Template -> Now select user account for which you want to block internet access -> now select Network tab and disable the access for internet.

It is very simple to block internet access for screen name. First create new accounts for your child. Now go to hardware profile of that user and block any use of broadband connection. I don't know exactly how to do this, but you will find there same option to block any use of broadband connection. After you have to make changes in that user's browser setting. It means you have to assign some proxy setting to IE browser.