Thread: Unable to remove Mozilla Firefox

Unable to remove Mozilla Firefox

I love to browse on the internet, so for that i have internet connection on my computer with the default browser Mozilla Firefox. My computer runs on Windows Xp and till now i haven't faced any kind of problem on my computer. But one day when i was surfing on the internet, my browser got crashed suddenly and after that it restarted. When the computer got restarted i went to the firefox and what i see that i am unable to open it, after that i went to uninstall it but i was getting an error "some of the application is used by another program and unable to uninstall" some thing like that when i try to uninstall. Please help me.

Re: Unable to remove Mozilla Firefox

I think your computer is infected by some of the virus which is not allowing you to remove mozilla firefox. If you update your antivirus on your computer then it can make possible to remove it or you can delete all the related files by searching it on your computer. When a particular application fails to uninstall from the computer then it might be the related file must have corrupted due to the virus.

The basic steps which are used in Uninstalling Mozilla Firefox

To begin uninstall Firefox on Windows, just follow these steps:

1. From the Start Menu in the Windows taskbar, select Control Panel. The Control Panel opens.
    2. In that Double-click on Add or Remove Programs.
    3. From the list of currently installed programs, select Mozilla Firefox
    4. In the Mozilla Firefox Uninstall Wizard that opens, click Next.
    5. Click on Uninstall option.
    6. If Firefox is still open then you must close the Firefox to proceed with the uninstall.
    7. If you want to remove your Firefox user data and settings, put a check mark in the box that says Remove my Firefox personal data. If you select this option, Firefox will not preserve your bookmarks, saved passwords, and other data if it is installed again.
    8. Click Finish.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

If you are not able to remove by going in the comtrol panel then you remove it by following method. If you want to remove it manually then, you need to remove all the added plugins or other files and folders that may not be removed by the uninstall you must do it manually for deleting the Firefox installation folder, which would be located in the following location by default: C:\Program files\Mozilla Firefox
    Try this method method.

If the problem persist then you need to format your computer if the problem is critical. Before doing it you need to check all the data of your computer and also you need to make backup of your important files and data of your computer. Also if you want then you can try by going in the safe mode and try to uninstall it from the control panel in your computer. Most of the user they face this problem, so if any suggestion doesnot work then you can format your computer.