Thread: Yahoo mail not opening on Internet Explorer

Yahoo mail not opening on Internet Explorer

I have been using Internet Explorer for a while now but have never faced such problems with it before. My computer is running on Windows XP operating system and Internet Explorer 8 is set as the default internet browser on my computer. The problem which I am facing is that I am not able to open Yahoo mail on Internet Explorer. I cant figure out what is causing the problem and hence i need your help in solving the issue. Any suggestions/solutions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Yahoo mail not opening on Internet Explorer

I suspect this is some Virus issue and will suggest you to scan the system with an updated antivirus. Virus's get downloaded while accessing some website or while downloading some data from the Internet. Also some virus's have tendency to getting linked with the files which are associated to the application which are used regularly. If such a situation occurs, then the application whose file is infected will not work properly. Hence scan the system with an updated antivirus and check for the files which are infected. Repair or quarantine the files which are infected and then see if the browser works properly or not. If the number of the files which are infected is more then you will have to reinstall the browser again.

Have you tried using some other browser? There are many browsers which are available online which can be used instead of Internet Explorer 8. Mozilla firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and opera are some of the browsers which are available online. All the mentioned browser have more or less same features like Internet explorer and hence there would be no problem in using them. Download one of the mentioned browser and then install it on the computer. Check if yahoo mail is accessible from the new browser which is installed on the computer. If Yahoo mail is accessible then there is something wrong with the installation of Internet explorer which has to be resolved.

I think the problem is with the installed version of the browser on your computer. The applications which are installed on the computer have lot of files which are associated to it. If any of the files which is associated to the application are missing or corrupt then the application will not work properly. Hence to solve such problem, you will have to replace all the files which are corrupt or missing from the computer. Once all the files are replaced the problem would be solved. You can try uninstalling the browser completely and then remove all the files/keys which are associated to it. Once all the traces of the application are removed, reinstall the application and see if the browser is working properly or not.

Sometimes the SSL certificates of certain websites expires. If such a website is tried to be visited on the Internet explorer, then it will block the access to such website. There is a setting in the browser which blocks the websites which have expired SSL certificates. You can disable this setting and see if the browser opens website or not. To disable the settings, open the browser and click on Tools. Select Internet Tools and click on Advanced tab. Now find go to Security section and remove the check mark from the option which says " Check for SSL certificates" and click on save and apply settings. Once done, try opening Yahoo mail and see if the website is accessible.

Are there any add-on/applications installed on the browser? If yes then they could be the reason why the browser is not working properly. Many times the files of the add-on/applications which are installed on the browser are corrupt. If such corrupt application/add-on is installed on the browser, it will surely corrupt the files of the browser. If such a situation occurs then the browser will not work properly. To check if the problem is with the installed application, disable all the add-on/application which are installed on the browser. If the browser works properly, then find and remove the application which is creating such problems.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain